logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crazzell  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 10:44:21 AM(UTC)
crazzell

Groups: Registered
United States

Sorry if this question is basic, or documented somewhere obvious, but I am stuck and would like a little help, please.

We need to create a cropped and (digitally) zoomed-in view of our pastor as a PiP in the corner of the slide he is currently referencing. Of course digital zoom is losing our camera's native resolution, but the physics of the situation don't let me avoid that.

I can try to do this in Vmix with either an overlay or one of the multi view templates, first creating a zoomed-in input and then using that zoomed-in as the PiP or part of a multi view. But then I find that the bounding box of the PiP rectangle is zoomed by whatever magnification I used in the original input, making a very oversized PiP box or lop-sided multi view layout.

I presume there is an easy way to make a two-up multi view or PiP with the live video portion zoomed and cropped as needed, while the still picture (slide) remains full size. Unfortunately, I can't find it on my own, so help would be appreciated, please.

Thanks in advance,

Charles.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 4:36:01 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Without seeing an example of you specifics:

- Add a color input , add your background and your video layers and position/zoom/crop them to your liking (or add the video layer directly to your background input)

- if you want to be able to zoom without going out of bounds of your (@ fixed position) PIP consider a virtual set with a UV map frame in it

Darryl  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 6:15:01 PM(UTC)
Darryl

Australia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would choose multiview over an overlay for that situation. I have been caught by the same zoom issues. Don't magnify the source video of your Pastor. Rather, crop the Source video to frame your pastor, then shrink and position the cropped video.
thanks 1 user thanked Darryl for this useful post.
crazzell on 9/1/2020(UTC)
Laws1on  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 6:14:40 PM(UTC)
Laws1on

United States

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread talktowendys.