logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 3:43:46 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Of course it is important to be able to close input modules. But why is this a button (which sort of should be motivated by a frequent need to quickly close Inputs).

Those of you with long vMix experience: how important is the Close button on input modules? Do you use it often during live production so that it must be a button. Put differently, would the alternative of having a left-click "close" option suffice. This would give space to a "Preview" button which I think is needed when the Input's right-click action has been changed to something else than Cut (new in v13).
Kelvin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:50:21 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
+1
ClementN  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 1:27:06 AM(UTC)
ClementN

Romania

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)

Right and agree.

This can be lifted in the module bar just like we are used from the Windows.

I have kind of similar idea (and image) in that feature request:

http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=2361

wwdv  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 3:32:30 PM(UTC)
wwdv

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I'm often by mistake closing a input when clicking a overlay button on my touchscreen and I don't want to use padlock everytime.
My input configuration is finished and I should be verry happy when the input close buttons could be locked or even better hided in settings.

Hiding the whole 'close/Quickplay/cut/loop/play' button bar shlould be ideal when no playing video content is used.
I am using vMix with a touchscreen and hiding every unused button is a improvement.
Duff TV  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 6:00:06 PM(UTC)
Duff TV

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
What about the ability to lock tracks.

I like the lock record feature which means you cant accidently go out of record but what about the ability to lock inputs.

Locking audio inputs especially the mixer would be handy and good piece of mind for in my workflow we run audio commentary through an external dedicated mixer and so cant always monitor the audio output from Vmix.

With a small skeleton crew and so much going on I fear the day will come when a mute button ir something is accidently hit, audio output goes down and we are oblivious.

Just another one for consideration.

hogwam  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 4:23:19 AM(UTC)
hogwam

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
Of course it is important to be able to close input modules. But why is this a button (which sort of should be motivated by a frequent need to quickly close Inputs).

Those of you with long vMix experience: how important is the Close button on input modules? Do you use it often during live production so that it must be a button. Put differently, would the alternative of having a left-click "close" option suffice. This would give space to a "Preview" button which I think is needed when the Input's right-click action has been changed to something else than Cut (new in v13).

+1 from me

I'd sooner the delete/close input option be in the settings menu for that input, with a confirm dialogue also.
Example procedure - Click 'gear' icon for input >> Settings >> Delete Input >> Are you sure? >> Yes/No
richardgatarski  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:00:35 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
vMix 14 now replaces the "Cut" with "Prv" if mouse click action is anything else than Cut, thus eliminating the need for the "input estate" that was one of my needs when I started this topic.

Still, there seems to be at least a few of us users who think the Close button should be removed from the Input in order to avoid closing the input by mistake. Right-click + Close, or Input Setting + Delete has been suggested as better alternatives.

Anybody else who think removing the close button is a good idea?

@ClementN I really like your idea of a "Module design", but that's another (and more complicated to implement) feature request.

@Duff TV, please open up a separate feature request (and explain it more clearly, as I am not sure I understand)

@wwdv, have you tried to set the Input's mouse click action to Overlayn? Then you don't need to click the small overlay button on the Input. See http://cdn.vmix.com.au/help14/index.htm?InputSettingsGeneral.html
wwdv  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 1:33:12 PM(UTC)
wwdv

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:

@wwdv, have you tried to set the Input's mouse click action to Overlayn? Then you don't need to click the small overlay button on the Input. See http://cdn.vmix.com.au/help14/index.htm?InputSettingsGeneral.html

I need the default 'send to preview' action and I am using all 4 overlays.

rrpro  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:30:17 PM(UTC)
rrpro

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
+1

Either a confirmation or move to the context menu. It is a very dangerous button for LIVE!
Damn2Good4U  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 3:17:18 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I guess if Martin can take a time off to do a live video demo with the forum users most of the requested features will be addressed and most people will be able to see various ways and method to achieving a task.

This was suggested by me previously and it will be wise if it can be looked into, we all can be in a chat room asking questions on how to or we draw out issues and follow a problem solving timetable
joe1378  
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:45:59 AM(UTC)
joe1378

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
+1
I made some times that mistake,closing the input instead to turn on overlay 1.
the Right click will be a good option or an X in right up corner(Like window of windows)

Joe1378