logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PaulGrogan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 11:22:52 PM(UTC)
PaulGrogan

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi all,

After a year with XSplit, I'm giving it up due to constant issues. I've been recommended VMix and after spending a few hours on it yesterday and watching some of the tutorial videos, things looked promising. However, there were a few things that I thought would be really simple and I can't find out how to do them, and searching the forums hasn't helped.

1. Connecting to my YT channel.
In the tutorial video (which was v20), a login box came up allowing Tim to login to YouTube.
That doesn't seem to be there in v23, and there was only a "Sign up" box, which when I clicked on it, took me to YouTube, where I was already signed in.
So, the question is... How do I link my YT channel to VMix?

I was able to go live by getting the stream key and copying it over, but I normally schedule all my live streams for the week in advance on YT and then from XSplit, I would then just start broadcasting and it would come up with the list of which video I am streaming.

2. Capturing desktop (game).
Last night, I tried to do a test stream of me playing a computer game on the same computer. I eventually managed to work out how to capture the game window by selecting it as an input
There were 4 options: Default, GDI, WindowsGraphicsCapture, and DWM. I didn't really know what these were - I just wanted to capture the window. I eventually got "WindowsGraphicsCapture" to work but not sure this was the right way of doing it. Is this right?

However, despite me reading something saying that it would automatically capture the audio from the game, it didn't. Any ideas?
Note: I'm not using NDI, just everything on one computer.

3. Capturing system audio.
I was able to add my microphone in as an input ok, but as another test, I had a discord chat last night and wanted VMix to simply capture my system audio.
I read the guides on this and added Stereo Mix as an input, and some green bars showed up, but only very low volume, and nothing I did on the computer changed this.
I had assumed that adding the system audio as an input would have been a really simple thing, but I couldn't find out how.

Thanks all!

Paul