logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RadioTX  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 1:02:50 AM(UTC)
RadioTX

Groups: Registered
United States

When we first got vMix and set it up, we set up our stream under YouTube Live Stream Now because I saw that you have to have YouTube open to use the YouTube Live stream setting. We set up a Live Stream Now profile instead and everything was working fine. I never had to have YouTube up in my browser; all videos were streamed and posted properly. A couple of weeks ago, somebody was given access to our channel so they could set up to download at the same time whatever we post. The person in question accidentally deleted the stream settings we had (without telling us). When we realized the last two days hadn't been posted to YouTube, we looked through everything, found out what the problem was, fixed it, tested the stream, and everything worked. Despite our testing, it has only worked properly (no browser open) twice since then these last 2-3 weeks. It only works when YouTube Studio is open on our channel. We haven't changed hardware, internet, or stream quality settings in vMix since we started streaming in July. The stream key in vMix is the same on the channel whenever I pull YouTube Studio up. Yes, it is Live Stream Now and not YouTube Live. Again, the only thing that has changed since we started streaming was the guy deleting our settings, but all settings are back to the way they were and it's not working consistently. It will not post unless the browser is open, and we never had to deal with that for the first month of our broadcasting.