logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
slimslamb  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 6:28:21 AM(UTC)
slimslamb

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm having an issue with an interview subject accessing vMix call using their Surface pro device with the chrome browser. When using the login link, or the standard vmix.com page w/password they are shown a bluescreen with the warning that 'chrome cannot access their microphone or webcamera.'

I did a screenshare with him and his chrome permissions were correct. Does anyone have experience with this issue or with the Surface settings interface?

Thanks!
ejpontius  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 6:50:26 AM(UTC)
ejpontius

Groups: Registered
United States

Were they able to get to the vmix call page and start to connect the call?
I had issues earlier today with several people, not on a Surface to my knowledge, that were all able to hit the vmix link, and initiate the call but were just shown the blue screen video with their own camera in the top corner. Vmix call manager showed that they never completely connected after the "sending our reply to initiate the call"

As far as just the Surface goes, I know by looking at the vmix call troubleshooting doc ( https://www.vmix.com/kno...on-issues-with-vmix-call ) that there is a note that Chrome wouldn't work with vmixcall on iOS devices. So not sure if that is an indicator that Chrome may not work on every platform.