logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ejpontius  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 5:46:34 AM(UTC)
ejpontius

Groups: Registered
United States

I had a heck of a time today trying to get some callers to connect to Vmix today. I'm using a fully licensed version of Vmix Pro on a powerful Win10 desktop with a wired high speed internet connection (~450Mbps down/20Mbs up). Up until today, I've had very little issues with Vmix calls and over the last several months done quite a few different connections with different people without issue.
Earlier I started Vmix up to prepare for a session today and everything seemed to be normal. I usually start up Vmix 15-30 minutes before a session so that I can make sure I have things configured. Vmix links are sent out in advance and assigned to specific people so that they line up properly with the inputs in Vmix.
While waiting I usually pull up the Call Manager so I can see when people start to join. Things looked fine. The call manager shows the Vmix call in passwords and links. While waiting I happened to glance over at the call manager and there was was a number of yellow lines showing an error "System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out" for each of the vmix numbers.
A quick Google search brought up this thread: https://forums.vmix.com/...-system-net-webexception
Which then mentioned issues with the Vmix servers.

Using another system to test and call in to one of the links and it connected fine. I didn't think anything of it as it looked as though there was no problem.

A few minutes later some callers were able to call in just fine and had solid connections.
A few of the callers were not. They were able to click the vmix links go to the vmixcall site enter their names...but were just shown a blue video return and their own camera in the corner.
The call manager showed their attempt: "Caller has made initial contact!" and "Sending our reply to initiate the call..." but nothing further and the call never completed connecting.
I had similar but intermittent results trying to call in from another system or a phone connected either to my wireless or
After a while it seemed to work fine for myself and others who had previously been able to connect.

We had the callers check to make sure they were not on a VPN, were using Chrome or Firefox and tried different vmix numbers, generated new ones. I had no success in getting these callers connected.

I've read over the call troubleshooter: https://www.vmix.com/kno...on-issues-with-vmix-call

But nothing seems to be really addressing the issue. I'm at a loss what to do next.
mldrexler  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 11:05:52 AM(UTC)
mldrexler

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
5. Additional settings to try
Recent updates to vMix (23.0.0.50 and higher) include a number of additional options to assist in getting the most out of vMix Call on congested networks.
These can be accessed by right clicking the vMix Call input once added.

Advanced Settings - Use only direct peer to peer connections (UNTICK THIS)

When ticked, this ensures only a direct connection is established to the guest, and will never use our servers as a fallback.
If the guest is unable to connect at all with this option it means a firewall is blocking direct connections. See points 1 and 2 above.

Peer to Peer no longer worked after we upgrade an old Router. So we went through the vMix servers as a temporary solution. These are ports to open on your router: TURN/STUN: Port 10349 UDP/TCP (outbound)
Video/Audio Streams: Dynamic Port Allocation UDP - 49152-65535 (inbound)
https://www.vmix.com/kno...ll-firewall-requirements