logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PinMason  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 8:17:20 AM(UTC)
PinMason

Groups: Registered
United States

I am using a Behringer Uphoria UMC 404 HD for my audio input into Vmix. On the Behringer I can toggle between hearing the inputs or the playback from my computer into my headphones. But, in vmix, I can always hear the inputs. If I mute the headphone monitoring in Vmix, I still hear the inputs, and turning it up just makes it louder. Is this a vmix issue or an audio interface issue?

I have another computer with an identical setup, and I have no issues on that one. I have double checked all the settings are the same. Any thoughts?
dmwkr  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 3:16:20 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
What are your settings on the Audio Outputs page? It may be that you have set master to "Default Windows Playback Device", and the headphones to your Behringer device. And in Windows, your default playback device IS ALSO the Behringer device. Or you have selected different drivers of your Behringer device for Master and Headphones. If both are set to axactly the same entry, vMix will recognize it. Otherwise, if you choose different entries the effect you described will occur, i.e. you are hearing the Master output when the headphones are muted.
PinMason  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 4:13:25 AM(UTC)
PinMason

United States

I see that the driver versions are different between the two. I will try to track down updated drivers. Thank you!