logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KRTW  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 2:59:40 AM(UTC)
KRTW

Groups: Registered
Canada

Yesterday we ran a test. Everything was perfect....I saved the session, shut the computer down, came in early, started up the computer, loaded the session - and mix minus was not working....No changes, nothing different....The Guest feed was perfect, the Interviewer got feedback in his monitor headphones as his mic got fed back to him....mix minus not working correctly.

While switching inputs live, the vCall audio would shut off. Sometimes when changing preview, sometimes when switching from preview to main. This was very irritating.

Vmix Call is awesome, but the mix minus must be able to be disabled and let us route the audio properly....this would be a HUGE improvement.

Having the audio turn off while switching inputs was a real problem....I have no idea why.

Feed from England to Canada was pretty good....not bad considering.

One other question not directly related to Vmic Call - is there a way to watermark the main output without using an overlay....too tired to look into it, but later today I will.

Thanks - any feedback appreciated.
Vince Beck  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 3:30:46 PM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I'll start with the obvious, you may already know this.

The audio turning off is normal if you have "follow audio" set in your mixer for that particular input, it is by default.
Meaning the audio is only active when the input is in the program window (Live or split).

You should only use follow audio for things like videos/graphics input.

I have never seen mix minus turn off in VMix call, if it did you would hear feedback. What it could be is the caller had super loud speakers.

A watermark could just be a small image with alpha channel but yes it would have to be overlayed.
KRTW  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 4:41:29 PM(UTC)
KRTW

Canada

Originally Posted by: Vince Beck Go to Quoted Post
I'll start with the obvious, you may already know this.

The audio turning off is normal if you have "follow audio" set in your mixer for that particular input, it is by default.
Meaning the audio is only active when the input is in the program window (Live or split).

You should only use follow audio for things like videos/graphics input.

I have never seen mix minus turn off in VMix call, if it did you would hear feedback. What it could be is the caller had super loud speakers.

A watermark could just be a small image with alpha channel but yes it would have to be overlayed.

In the middle of a show I was not able to trouble shoot and figured the issue may have been something I did - but the audio turning off was not consistent....Sometimes only switching preview, sometimes when switching main.....Will check.

Mix minus will not work depending on the audio system configuration, and feedback is exactly what I got - but not at the guests end - that audio was perfect - echo in the interviewers headphones.

THis was the first show I did, and there was a lot to cover....multiple cameras, lighting, audio, the computer is a custom build, multicorder - so with a little time, and some assistance, I know I'll get this working perfectly...

Thanks for post
mavik  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 1:47:48 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
For audio I would advise to strictly devide the audio to avoid feedback.
Master = Sound for recording/streaming all mics and callers should feed into this
A = Sound return TO the callers. Please make sure you set it explicilety in the call manager
B = for IEM or others if you like.
KRTW  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 2:17:46 AM(UTC)
KRTW

Canada

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
For audio I would advise to strictly devide the audio to avoid feedback.
Master = Sound for recording/streaming all mics and callers should feed into this
A = Sound return TO the callers. Please make sure you set it explicilety in the call manager
B = for IEM or others if you like.

Tomorrow I am going in with another sound tech, and together the two of us are going to try EVERY combination that's possible. Your scenario above is at the top of the list - but I also want to try getting a separate output from Vcall - for external processing - this I am unsure is possible....

Thanks for the post.
mavik  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 6:53:42 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Yes it is possible. You can assign each bus a seperate output.
Maybe take some inspiration from this video.

thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
KRTW on 8/11/2020(UTC)