logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Moblproductions  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 8:43:35 PM(UTC)
Moblproductions

Groups: Registered

*First Post disclaimer *

Hello everyone,

My name is Clement and boy am I glad to be here. I have read through the forums and I am certain there is no better place to seek the answers I need. Unfortunately, I have tried so many different suggestions from different posts and while some part of my issue gets resolved, another issue arises. I therefore feel its best to go back to the drawing board and provide my specific setup detail for advice on the best way to get this all working as expected.

The screenshots attached are from my last production which was plagued with lots of audio issues – echo, distortions, complete loss of audio, one party not hearing the other, you name it. Also please disregard the entry in some of the screenshots, as they were taken amidst me trying different things. I am here to hopefully get ideas on the correct way to get my desired goal so here goes…

The production consists of one or two talents in the studio, 4 vmix callers and audience connected via zoom. Here are the objectives…

Talents should be heard by everyone
Media played should be heard by everyone
Zoom attendees should be heard by everyone
Vmix callers should be heard by everyone
Producer should be able to have back channel push talk private conversation with talent and vmix callers

While the above can be one-way communication as in everyone else muted while one is speaking to avoid noise, echo, etc, I’d also like the option where everyone can all speak at the same time (ie, during group prayers in a church service or singing, etc).

Most of the above I have been able to partially accomplish but something ends up going wrong like echo or zoom attendees cannot hear vmix caller or talent cant hear zoom, etc. This is why I am looking for the best way to get this done.

As for hardware, I have vmix and zoom running on the same PC connected to 3 monitors (one for vmix, one for full screen output and other to capture zoom). One camera connected via hdmi to a built in capture card and talents are mic’ed up with lavs and in-ear monitors connected to a Mackie ProFX12v3 with one aux send and connected via usb to pc

Please let me know if there are any other specific detail required and I thank you all in advance for your contributions.

2020-08-04 (1).png (43kb) downloaded 1 time(s). 2020-08-04 (4).png (53kb) downloaded 1 time(s). 2020-08-04 (3).png (39kb) downloaded 1 time(s). 2020-08-04 (2).png (142kb) downloaded 2 time(s). 2020-08-04 (7).png (641kb) downloaded 1 time(s). 2020-08-04 (5).png (602kb) downloaded 0 time(s). 2020-08-04 (8).png (1,534kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
mavik  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 9:33:25 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
From what I understand your issue is with audio mainly.
To narrow it down you should add one source after the other. My feeling is that the zoom part makes the most difficulties. Open vmix and validate it's ok for your local guests. Then add callers and validate again. Third add zoom and validate again. With that you know at what point the problem starts and you have to focus on that.

In general, all audio needs to feed into the master channel for recording and streaming. The return feeds are essential. callers need a seperate bus you send them. All audio that they should hear needs to be added to that bus. Zoom onto another bus. Route everything they should hear onto it as well. The tricky part is that you need seperate outputs for each bus. You can use ASIO, Dante or VAC's to interconnect with zoom.

M = local+caller+zoom -> Recording+streaming
A = local+zoom -> Callers
B = local+caller -> Zoom
C = caller+zoom -> IEM

Strictly avoid sending the master to someone. This is purely used for streaming and recording and no one else listens to it (may just you via a headset for checking it).
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
Moblproductions on 8/4/2020(UTC)
Moblproductions  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2020 11:47:59 AM(UTC)
Moblproductions

Thanks again, Mavik. You've been a God sent. I'm good to go!!!