logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mfariss  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 11:27:17 PM(UTC)
mfariss

Groups: Registered
United States

So the current caller can get kicked out of vmix and replaced by someone else calling in while they are live. What's with that? That is totally the wrong call behavior. Once you are in, you should stay in until you hang up or get kicked out (reset caller).

This has gone wrong during events for various reasons, including callers logging in early and presenters giving their assistant their number and the assistant decides to check out what is going on expecting a webex type environment.

What were you thinking when you set up call behavior this way in the first place?

Again, ONCE A CALLER IS IN VMIX, THEY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE KICKED OFF BY ANOTHER CALLER USING THEIR NUMBER.

How about giving them a "this call is currently in use" slide?
tsioukas  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 12:20:38 AM(UTC)
tsioukas

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1, I notice also that, received video freezes on first caller. User doesn't know the problem an thinks that is network issue. It should show a message if connection with vMIX is enabled or there is communication error by showing black on video.

But I think that isn’t’ good practice to give the same id to multiple users. If you want to add a new connection just edit vΜixΨall input and press change. A new connection will replace the original shot. From the other side this password is random, but even then someone can make a script to test random numbers, I don’t know is system can block a user after X attempts (I believe that it can).

I think the reason for this behavior is because sometimes users just make a refresh of their page for several reasons, so they design it like this. But a check if the sessionID or IP is the same should allow to connect again or reject the connection until first user close his browser. Additionally, I think that vMix must have an option to “kick” a user off, so if a user forget the window open as "admin" to close his connection.
admin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 1:46:45 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4137 time(s) in 1488 post(s)
This is by design and cannot be changed for technical reasons. Call passwords should not be given to multiple users on the same day for this reason.

Why it is designed this way, is if the user's computer internet drops out briefly, this would prevent them from logging in again as for security reasons
each call session looks unique.

thanks 3 users thanked admin for this useful post.
elvis55 on 7/30/2020(UTC), greggibson on 8/2/2020(UTC), eduardocfs on 8/6/2020(UTC)
Paul Camino  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2020 2:31:35 AM(UTC)
Paul Camino

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Grouping with all the other thread about this issue.