logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thesaadster  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 11:34:01 PM(UTC)
thesaadster

Groups: Registered

I love the software. I do however think:

1) The playlist feature needs a much better UI. The way it is right now is functional, but I think playlists should be treated like a input, with the ability to add effects, etc on top of the playlist. This should also have a feature to ignore the changes made to the individual input effects or to inherit the effects.

2) I think the Multi View effect on inputs should be treated as its own input as well, where you can have up to x amount of other inputs arranged a certain way, playing simultaneously. This should also be have the ability to set up the windows in the preview window and go live when ready.

3) The ability to arrange inputs by type, name, length, etc

4) Some sort or indicator on inputs showing the type of input.

I think these changes/features would make the software easier to navigate, and create better ease of use.

Thanks!

fordry  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:46:39 AM(UTC)
fordry

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
2) So you can already handle multiview pretty easily. Add all the videos you want as individual inputs then add an input that will be your multiview background then go into the settings and setup your multiview settings. You can have up to 5 inputs on top of the original input (for a total of 6). Can reposition them however you want. Can set each of the inputs to start playing as soon as they are live (so when you go live on the multiview input all of the other inputs that are playing on it will start if told to do so). I am not sure how one could do it better because what if you want to transition to or from one of inputs included in the multiview to the multiview? The program can't have duplicate inputs for hardware camera feeds so that wouldn't work if you wanted to do something like that. Say you wanted to show an interview and show both parties side by side at first but then show only one. Only way to do that is how the program is currently constructed, if multiview was its own separate entity you wouldn't be able to have the included feeds be their own separate input at the same time I don't think. I don't see how your way is really any easier to setup or use.

3) This would be nice. Being able to move the inputs around more freely would be a wonderful addition.

4) You can color code the inputs and name them whatever you want, is that not good enough?
thanks 1 user thanked fordry for this useful post.
CBN4 on 7/20/2014(UTC)
pqangel  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:30:46 AM(UTC)
pqangel

i would also like to add that it would be nice to add something like vscheduler had, so we can "program" by hour and date what we are going to stream.

about the multiview, something easier would be nice. i can think of a box to tick where it says "load in multiview" and a menu to select the overlay preset you want to load.

also rearranging the clips on the playlist would be nice.
krassesPferd  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:28:27 PM(UTC)
krassesPferd

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
It would be an improvement to have the ability to select more than one input by pressing ctrl/shift. This is only in the right column possible. Another point that would be perfect for my work would be to have four checkboxes with the color-category-names so that you can select "green" and all green-tagged inputs are added to the playlist automatically. This would make it really easy to add all of the highlight clips or commercials in another category to a certain playlist

Regards,
Yannick