logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ddywz  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 1:32:10 PM(UTC)
ddywz

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello, there are probably lots of articles I read about this but I still have not found a solution.

What I have:
PC running windows 10 pro with latest patches and updates.
Behringer x1622USB mixer
sure wiresless microphones connected to channel 1 and 2 on mixer.

vmix latest version 23.0.0.58

I'm trying to stream on youtube using a canon vixia hf-G40 via a mgewell HDMI capture dongle. So the video imput is the capture HDMI source and that is fine. My issue is with audio.

I'm trying hard to use the USB connectivity of this mixer. Can someone see a problem with this setup?

I added an Audio input and selected (Microphone USB codec) that comes from the behringer mixer. The bypass USB red button is not pressed and the blue bars on microphone audio settings move up as I speak on mic but they remain @ -39 -20db. If I use the gain level on vmix audio settings then I can increase the level on output to -12 to -6db, but as I do so there is noise in the line and you can hear a hiss static noise from the audio stream on output. Also it appears that the mic level on vmix audio setting depends on master level volumes on mixer which I don't understand why. That means I cannot turn the volume up on main speakers as the volume of mic increases too. I think this is wrong. Doesn't the mixer output the mic signal to usb? It appears only master main line out from mixer goes on PC via USB. Is that the case? Does that mean I cannot use the USB to connect the mic from behringer to the mic module audio input in vmix? Do I have to install audacity that comes with it in hope to have more adjustments for the audio level?

What is the best way to output a microphone from the mixer to the audio input in vmix?

Would it be better to AUX out channel1 and input that on soundcard of the PC and configure that as an audio input on vmix? This way the mic level is kind of decoupled of the main mix volume I really like to use the USB but the sound level is so low and there is noise too in the line. I tried to boost it with Equalizer APO and Pace but looks like this is not the proper way to configure this. Plus the white noise does not go away. As you raise the volume to listen on final streamed content there is a hiss in the audio channel that I cannot seem to eliminate it.

Does anyone have any recommendation for this setup?

Thanks
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 3:17:51 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Use ASIO drivers
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 7/7/2020(UTC)
ddywz  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 10:02:58 AM(UTC)
ddywz

United States

Yeah, looks like Behringer directs you to ASIO4ALL. Installed that, v 2.1.4 although windows 10 pro is not that friendly with this interface. I was able to configure in vMIX the Mic1 and Mic2 using now the Asio4all device and the USB Audio CODEC 1 audio channel.

The issue is that I still cannot control the output of the MIC going to USB. Only way to do so is via MAIN faders that control the MAIN out to speakers. I don't think this MIXER from Behringer is designed with USB in mind. It is a great mixer to be used as a stand alone hardware with no need for a PC. If you involve this mixer for streaming I found it much harder to do things via USB with it. It could be that Windows 10 connects to it from the USB cable and won't let ASIO take over? I don't know. This ASSIO4ALL advanced config does not seem to have the option to have exclusive access on device so it could be windows 10 still controls it from the USB connection it has with it. Uninstalled the USB mixer from windows but now ASIO4ALL cannot connect to it.

Replaced Behringer with RME UCX, Ohhh, what a pleasure to work with. Now I can map and patch any output I want to vMIX and worked great. No noises, plenty of volumes to play with without even touching the Gain settings in vMIX. I can adjust the Mic level in TotalMIX from RME without affecting MAIN OUT that goes to speakers. This is definitely designed to be used with a PC. You can still use it as a standalone mixer but is hard to control things.

Ohh I forgot, unlike Behringer, RME had its own custom ASIO drivers and fully compatible with Windows 10 PRO. Yeah, costs more but I think it is a quality piece of hardware with lots options.

Problem solved.
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 5:13:35 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Yeah the x1622 only has built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer via Asio4ALL.

There are many audio interfaces that work well with vMix even in Behringer series. Depending on how many i/o you need, you might want to check the UMC 404HD (4 i/o) for example. If you need more the X Air 18 is a fantastic mixer providing both the best of a mixer and the best of an audio interface. (Caution only the XR18 has independent Asio USB i/o, XR12 and XR16 are just stereo like your x1622)