logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Psgeorgas  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2014 5:53:09 AM(UTC)
Psgeorgas

Groups: Registered

Dear Vmix developers

Thank you very much for your program!!!

I am using it for some time for the needs of a Theater in Athens, Greece.

It is a great program with many functions.

It helps me on theater plays, for video and images presentations on a projector screen and for several conferences with multiple needs.

I have some proposals to make it more powerful and useful for these needs.

1. Using a projector needs some adjustments for the perfect result and these functions are missing from vmix.

a. Position pan zoom and Keystone correction for all inputs, or much better the ability of geometrical correction for the output screen, can solve quickly and easy the correct projection on big screens, without the need of ¨surgery¨ physical correction of the projector or the screen position and angle (usually hang on a fly bar).

b. It is important to have the ability to correct all above for all inputs we are using in a project. The pan, zoom and angle correction in the position menu can be used for every input separately, so if you have for example a wrong angle in you projection on a project of 50 inputs you have to add manually the correct angle value in every one input.

2. Support multiple screens for output.

Many times we need to create a bigger screen and we put 2 or more projectors in a row and as result we have an extra wide screen. This function needs geometrical correction and the ability to overlapping and soft edge mixing of the overlap area. It will be great if you add these functions on vmix.

3. NEXT button. When you have finish with a project and have all your inputs in a row one by one based on the performance it will be very helpful to have the ability to run your show with a simple next button. This ability exists in the play list menu, but if you like to use it in theatrical play for example, you need to add a black color input after every input and set the duration time to 1 or more hours because you do not want to play next input instantly after the preview input. So if you add a check box to manually start the next input in the play list will be very helpful.

4. DMX and or MIDI controlling. It will be a great upgrade if you add the ability to control vmix from a lighting console or a sound console. Then you do not have to use an extra person to run a project form vmix but just record the scenes in a lighting console and with one user you run both, lighting changes and videos – images from vmix. This will be a critical point for a business to buy vmix because the cost of an extra user in a show will cover in 20 days the cost of vmix…. Even a very simple controlling as just the next in a ready playlist will reduce the cost of running a show…

Thank you very much for your time, I hope my suggestions to reach the developers and they will add all these precious abilities and functions…
thecloudmediagroup  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 9:00:58 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
This would be a nice function. I am not sure how it would be integrated into the program but MIDI/DMX would be great. We currently use this setup with our church but have to use the workaround of BOME's Midi Translator to a Keystroke to trigger vMix Shortcuts.