logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kgoodyer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 5:48:34 PM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Theoretical Question....

I currently have a system that is using 4 x 1920 x 1080 displays driven by a Nvidia Gforce GTX1080

1. vMix main display (maximised as we need instant access to 24 inputs without scrolling or bank switching)*
2. Multiview Output
3. vMix audio mixer full screen (maximised)
4. Drives some 75 inch displays on the Set

Main output is using HD-SDI with Decklink Cards, NDI, SRT & RTMP and I have an additional HD-SDI display to monitor the main output of each system, prior to sending to our satellite, terrestrial and cable tv distribution uplinks.

I can do things like vMix social moderation, GT designer, and a host of proprietary API based applications on remote machines with their own displays
But there are some items that HAVE to run and display on the vMix platform itslef, and I don''t have any display space left, for example:-

vMixCall Panel / Chat
vMix Social Set Up
Local GT Designer

Ideally, I would like to add a second graphics card, not set up with anything fancy like Crossfire or SLI, maybe a pair of GTX 1070's so that I can get a total of 8 monitors if required. I do actually run my own PC with both a Gforce GTX1080 and a Quadro K2000, but I only runs a single 4K monitor, so never tried it.

Anybody think of a reason why this wouldn't work, especially with vMix. My alternative is to upgrade the display we use for the audio mixer to a 4K monitor, and put all the extra tools on that.

Thanks in advance

Keith
Peter1000  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 6:23:11 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Groups: Registered
Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Please use the search function of the forum, this topic has been discussed here often.

Support for multiple GPUs - Using more than four screens for vMix
https://forums.vmix.com/posts/t2...upport-for-multiple-GPUs