logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gazreyn  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 3:03:37 PM(UTC)
gazreyn

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Sorry for the poor quality of this video and the length of it but created a tutorial in video format where I talk about creating overlays for vmix.

thanks 4 users thanked gazreyn for this useful post.
doggy on 6/16/2014(UTC), pasingshot on 6/17/2014(UTC), madness on 6/17/2014(UTC), joe1378 on 6/18/2014(UTC)
joe1378  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:03:15 AM(UTC)
joe1378

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks
madness  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:04:46 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Too bad it requires Blend. It is a bit of work to do this manually without though.
I have no experience with Blend. I've been using VS Express, and creating the Xaml in that, and modifying it to work with vMix.

I wish this ability was built into the title tool that Martin created so Blend wasn't even necessary.
joe1378  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:57:38 AM(UTC)
joe1378

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Mmmm..I think Martin and vmix used blend...in the help file they mention expression blend.

If you used to use a program that use layers and storyboard you will be comfortable with blend.

Joe1378
SpelingMistakes  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 5:14:54 PM(UTC)
SpelingMistakes

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think it is big difference from 4 to 4.6 

If i figure it where to set add preferences plus to figure it how to continue and make something from this i will surely add here some inputs what change and how somebody can make something from blend :(

I get program from company which cooperate with me just to see is it possible to use it and to can i create something but I am not a programmer or coding man and i know that lot of people who use vMix also don’t have programming skills and that working in this is PAINFULLY heavy because we don’t know almost anything – I spent at least 2 day up to find this video and now i am trying to track every move up to make start project not to mention to continue and to make something

In this video i miss how is “work appearance” set because if anybody wants to track all than you must explain where is what and why ….

If any have time and will to help i will be delighted and surely i will later share my knowledge regarding this – I am VERY VERY Disappointed because if i want to improve vMix i need to use something from Microsoft but ok  - It will be much better that this regarding titles be part of internal vMix work then like no i must use Blend expression just to make something which is not already in vMix but that’s life – Not to mention that stupid Blend can’t be installed alone but you must have WHOLE Microsoft Visual Studio (2015) and that is approximately 10 GB of data just to understand that simple first moves didn’t been explained good and that you are again on the beginning! – I will learn this also like all other tools up to this (40 years now)! Grrr I am continuing my attempts and failures to make something from this peace of %&$%&$% trying to figure where i must add vMixControlSurfaceLibrary.dll that anything from this can be imported to vMix Title Designer (or vMix at later stages)

It will be nice that if somebody have time make few print screens like this (for every step) explaining what must and what must not be clicked and why! :(
SpelingMistakes attached the following image(s):
blend-4.6.jpg (106kb) downloaded 26 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
SpelingMistakes  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 5:31:42 PM(UTC)
SpelingMistakes

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Where to click to add vMixControlSurfaceLibrary.dll like reference

And important question – What if my installation is in different folder – By code review i see only library but not any path? I suppose that where vMix is installed not too important because library is in its folder!

PS Why image is like attachment and don’t show like in post above?

SpelingMistakes attached the following image(s):
work-appearance.jpg (348kb) downloaded 37 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.