logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BetaQuasi  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 2:40:04 PM(UTC)
BetaQuasi

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi all,

Firstly, I apologise if this has already been discussed/answered elsewhere. I did spend some time searching first, but was unable to find what I want. I've been evaluating vMix version 23.0.0.58 to provide a bunch of additional functionality to my workflow, but I'm a little stuck with two points:

1. Browser sources, if they contain videos, don't seem to be able to be paused? Either manually or using the auto pause after transition options. Is this normal? Is there another way of handling this? My issue here is that with 4 or 5 browser sources running movies in the console, CPU usage pumps up pretty quickly due to the multiple CEF processes all consuming ~5-10% each. For my use case, they don't need to be running if they aren't the preview or live output, and I'm thinking if they paused properly, that'd solve this issue.. maybe?

2. Does anyone use browser sources for Twitch alerts? In my case, my browser source works fine with OBS as an example, or directly in a Chromium-based browser, but displays no content after an alert is triggered in a vMix browser session. I'm curious if I've missed something obvious here. Twitch is only part of my production, which is why I'm looking at vMix to cater for the whole thing. Once again not the end of the world, as I can pump out the mix via external and parse it through OBS to the stream in order to do that. I'd just prefer to do it in one place, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something!

Thanks for the awesome product by the way, and it's great to see an Aussie company doing so well in this space! (Hi from Melbourne!).