logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
soundguylhcc  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 2:36:50 PM(UTC)
soundguylhcc

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hello there,

I have been trying to stream on Instagram and Youtube concurrently and have had no success. I am currently streaming to Instagram using YellowDuck but in order for my audience to view my entire frame, I would need to switch my camera capture to landscape. My problem is that this will also affect my YouTube stream. Please feel free to reply with suggestions, thanks!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 5:20:39 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
don't stream to Instagram . it's against their EULA
DaveT  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:14:37 AM(UTC)
DaveT

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Encode one 16x9 out of VMIX.

Bring in the program feed as NDI into OBS (there's no virtual input for Vmix audio) in the background and set up the scene in 9x16 with any skinning you want for Instagram. Note you'll need to shrink the video a little bit and for it not to be full width or it'll get cropped off a tad in IG.

Also note IG streams are 60 minutes max. It will automatically kick you after 60 minutes. So you have to watch on your phone until you are booted, then tell Yellowduck to Save & Exit, then re-login in again through Yellow Duck to get a new RTMP key. Yellow Duck itself does not tell you when the 60 minutes are up. The old command prompt-based work around (which had full chat integration) did and you could get a new key spit out very quickly, but Instagram pretty much got that whole system wiped off the face of the earth through cease & desist earlier this year.

It's true that it's against Instagram's EULA, but everyone from individuals to major companies still do it.

Hopefully you have a GeForce card so you can use one NVENC encode for VMIX, the other for OBS.
thanks 1 user thanked DaveT for this useful post.
AgentPete on 7/30/2020(UTC)