logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shftctrl  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 12:25:47 AM(UTC)
shftctrl

Groups: Registered
Latvia

Hello, everyone!

I have been given a task to spec out a build for livestreaming. I have looked into multiple options and have come to the conclusion that a custom built pc with a capture card would be the best bet as I need 4 camera inputs, replay, 2 graphics channels over the inputs at any given time through out the broadcast. Sounds like a pretty "beefy" workflow to me. lol

I was thinking ryzen cpu with a gtx 1660 super gpu cause I am on a budget. I would be running sdi cables with a blackmagic 4 sdi port capture card. How much "horsepower" should I need to make a 1080p 60p broadcast with all of those inputs? Would a ryzen 3700x with a x570 motherboard be enough or I should be watching only intel or checking out threadripper? Me assuming the chipset has 24 lanes pcie lanes and the 8 core/16 thread processor should be enough.

Any advice how I should spec this thing out?
SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 4:49:53 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I'll assume you checked out the vMix Reference Systems page
https://www.vmix.com/products/vm...erence-systems.aspx#ruby

The Ruby Systems is for 8 inputs and Instant Replay with an Intel Core i7 9700K 3.60GHz. From various benchmarks, it would seem that the Ryzen 7 3700X can perform as well as the i7 9700K, but you should do some additional investigating on that.

As long as you go with those other Ruby specs, the 3700X should work. And vMix is Ryzen-friendly now.

Fall 2018 my main vMix system crashed on me during our 2nd football game of the season. After the game I started ordering parts and built new vMix system using a Ryzen 7 2700X + NVIDIA 1070. Usually runs with 3 cameras 1080p/59.94 with replay, sometimes a fourth camera, recording at 1080p and streaming. At that time, many were saying that Ryzen CPUs wouldn't work with vMix.

I had no issues with it. It is totally reliable, doesn't tax the CPU very much to the point I don't check it as constantly as my other vMix systems when live streaming.

Post how it all turned out, and what you put in your build!