logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
j3throo  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:30:14 PM(UTC)
j3throo

Groups: Registered
Hungary

Hey guys!

So I'm working on a production that will have special screens, and I'd love to create dedicated transitions for them.
So I have a stinger set up for the basic transitions between scenes, but I'd like to add more, for example:
when the "Fun fact" segment is brought up, it would have it's own transition, and so on.
I have stinger like animations for these in both transparent .mov files and image sequences.

Do you think it's possible to work around the 2 stinger limit with some triggers, delays, or any other fancy things? I tried to set up the animation over the scene, but then it cuts to the new scene, then the animation appears over the new scene, and I'd like to hide the transition with these animations.

Thanks
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 12:15:57 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Honestly how complex is it to do a search say like with google typing "vmix more stingers" ??

Radiotvpat1982  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 7:29:20 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
This tutorial is a good starting point for beginners but there are a couple things to note from this.

If your transition has a point where is goes full screen always use a cut vs a fade as the transition underneath.

Another note is avoid building shortcuts and triggers that use toggles. Its a bit dangerous. If possible, use commands that give you an absolute result each time. Like Overlay off vs just a toggle. That way if your state ends up changing sometimes you still get the result you want. Otherwise you may end up backwards if you are not telling VMIX always on and always off. This is very important when using overlays.

Also keep in mind that the overlays work in a specific order where 1,2,3,4 are on different layers. So for example if you have a scorebug or font on a layer and you want to use a transition you need to always build the transition on the top layer.

Once you build a couple that do what you want you can copy those shortcuts and just edit the timing and sources. That will make it quicker if you have a large number. Lastly dont forget you are using and image sequence so you also may need to tie in a sound effect to your stinger.

These things are a bit advanced but they will help you in the end.