logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rjmurdock  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 6:51:41 PM(UTC)
rjmurdock

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm working with several clients who want to take advantage of utilizing PTZ control and presets within vMix for their 1080p PTZ cameras, but don't need all the additional features of the vMix 4K to get this feature.

Please consider offering PTZ control capability within vMix HD. Thanks
mavik  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 7:27:47 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
PTZ Cams will have a web based control surface. If you don't want to invest into vmix then go with the ptz cam web controls. If they output NDI it might be able to control them directly from the Newtek Studio Monitor App.
Also most PTZ have interface to RS232 or RS422 to be able to control them. Most open PTZ controllers are able to connect to one of them.

Whatever route you go. At the end it's maybe more convenient to upgrade vMix and have it all in one.
MDunigan  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 1:11:09 PM(UTC)
MDunigan

United States

I would like to second the request for PTZ controls in the HD version. We are as small church that is new to vMix and our small church is considering a PTZ camera. As I understand it so far, with the PTZ controls in vMix, I can define different combinations of pan-tilt-zoom as a different input to vMix. That allows me to have one "input" that is zoomed in on the Pastor for the sermon and a second "input" that is the Praise Team leading worship, and any other combinations that would work good to streanm/record our services. Then as we proceed through the service, I just switch between "inputs" and that causes the camera to go to the predefined P-T-Z settings. At this point, we have no need for any of the other features in the 4k edition. I hope that PTZ can be added to the HD edition.
tvrepairguy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2020 10:01:43 AM(UTC)
tvrepairguy

United States

+1

I would also like to request that vMix integrate the PTZOptics PTZ App into vMix.

The issue we run into is that in order to run vMix and use the PTZ App at the same time we have to switch between applications during our production. It is clunky having to select the PTZ App, make adjustments, and then to switch back to vMix we have to click somewhere in the application window to make it active. Sometimes the operator will forget to make vMix active after using the PTZ App and they will try using a keyboard shortcut to make a transition and nothing will happen, which in turn gets the operator flustered. Having the PTZ App integrated into vMix would make everything a lot smoother.

Currently the PTZOptics App can be integrated into OBS which is a free program. It doesn't seem right that a free program would have better features than a paid program like vMix.