logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Josemite  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 9:00:10 AM(UTC)
Josemite

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
We play a game where the regulars on a 'vMix Call' get punished for screwing up. I keep an Elgato Stream Deck button ready to cut to a 'ding' with a video making fun of them. However, I'm often distracted and don't realize when they screw up.

I'm looking for a way for another guest (who is not on the same network) to be able to trigger one specific video to the program window, and have that video fade out or go transparent after it plays.

I've messed around with vMix Social, but Titles don't seem to like video. Working through a couple other strange ideas, but figured before I reinvent the wheel, I should ask if there isn't something more straight forward I could do.

I'm pretty new to vMix and just now getting my through the learning curve.

Any help would be wildly appreciated, thanks!

TobinT  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 6:34:17 PM(UTC)
TobinT

Belgium

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
You can use the web interface remotely, granting participants whatever ever control you'd like. All you need to do beyond the usual for the web interface is either have a static IP or use a service like No-ip and then open up the required access on your router.
thanks 1 user thanked TobinT for this useful post.
Josemite on 6/26/2020(UTC)
Josemite  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:49:27 AM(UTC)
Josemite

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TobinT Go to Quoted Post
You can use the web interface remotely, granting participants whatever ever control you'd like. All you need to do beyond the usual for the web interface is either have a static IP or use a service like No-ip and then open up the required access on your router.

Thank you. I had played with that first, but because I'm using an Elgato Stream Deck, I'm using the shortcuts for many things that I wouldn't want them to have easy access to.

Was toying with the idea making my own customized web controller page. Yet, I can't seem to find any way to do this. At first I thought it would be as easy as finding the folders the vMix web-server was using and throw in some custom page, but it seems it's baked into the software (I'm guessing). Am I wrong in this? Is there a way to get vMix to serve out a custom webpage?

I'm 99% there with running an API URL string "http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8088/API/?Function=Fade&Duration=1000&Input=10" to allow them to launch it remotely. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to do this in a way that doesn't open a webpage saying "Function completed successfully."