logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hotdogl0l  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 7:40:16 AM(UTC)
hotdogl0l

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

While streaming the other day, our "List" panel disappeared from our screen and we were no longer able to find it. I would click the "List" tab and it would look as thought it was opening and was nowhere to be found. Our teams whole show was based on VT loaded into a list.

When I right clicked on the Vmix icon on the dock bar on the bottom I could see a window for "List" but it was just showing white and when I clicked it It would not open.

I tried unplugging my second monitor, creating a new project & a computer restart. Only thing which got it back was hitting settings then resetting to default but this reset all my settings and means I couldn't continue with my show. This has also happened with the audio mixer in the past but it when I right clicked on the vmix icon on the dock I could see the gui of the audio mixer and eventually it would reopen.

Can someone from the Vmix team contact me asap or if anyone has any suggestions for what to do in the future if this happens. This bug essentially killed our show and needs to be fixed asap.

Thanks
elvis55  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 8:15:49 AM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Did you ever connect a third monitor? Did you have the second monitor on the left and then on the right side of the main monitor?

screen resolution windows 10

If you outsource something (e.g. 'Listen' panel) to a second or third monitor, always before you close the program, bring the outsourced back to the main monitor.
hotdogl0l  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 5:48:27 PM(UTC)
hotdogl0l

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: elvis55 Go to Quoted Post
Did you ever connect a third monitor? Did you have the second monitor on the left and then on the right side of the main monitor?

screen resolution windows 10

If you outsource something (e.g. 'Listen' panel) to a second or third monitor, always before you close the program, bring the outsourced back to the main monitor.

No did not have a third monitor.

Also seems a bit strange you have to manage bringing the panel back into the monitor, surly vMix should handle this? javascript:__doPostBack('forum$ctl03$Preview','')
elvis55  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 8:29:56 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Quote:
Also seems a bit strange you have to manage bringing the panel back into the monitor, surly vMix should handle this? javascript:__doPostBack('forum$ctl03$Preview','')

You're right, it works in vMix.
Once had the problem with a program. A function swapped out to the second monitor, then the program closed and the second monitor removed. At the next start, only the main monitor was used. I was looking for this function, it just couldn't be found. Then it occurred to me that the last time I used a second monitor. The second monitor reconnected and function was displayed there.
So I thought that the outsourced should be brought back to the main monitor.