logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gdudzinski  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 10:15:55 AM(UTC)
gdudzinski

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Hi there! Just paid the HD 4K plan and might be regretting it. Lol. Video is slow motion, like a robot... Sony 4k Ax43 camera, avermedia 4k plus 2 capture device, i7-8750, pc Nvidia 1060 graphics card. Used vmix years ago, and was using xsplit and never ahd an issue, tried resolution changes, etc.. No luck. And no offense vmix support is not the best...

Thank you!
joelhughes63  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 11:43:08 AM(UTC)
joelhughes63

United States

I'm having the same or similar issue. Just downloaded the trial version. I was using OBS without problems. I'm running a Lumix GH5 camera through HDMI, 1080p, 29FPS. When I input the camera into vmix, it's got about a 1 second lag as if I'm in slow motion. Like a robot. I'm using a new Lenovo desktop but I know it's not the top of the line. It has a AMD Radeon R7 Graphics card (I don't know if that's good or not, I'm not a computer tech guy). The computer has plenty of free space. At the bottom of the vmix screen it says "Render time: between 1 and 2 ms; GPU Meme: 6%; CPU vMix 2-3%; Total ranging between 40-70+%. Oh, and I'm using the HDMI cable from the camera into an HDMI/USB converter - USB into the computer. Any ideas why I'm a robot?

Thanks!
xaver  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 5:48:51 PM(UTC)
xaver

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joelhughes63 Go to Quoted Post
Total ranging between 40-70+%.

Try to find out, why our total CPU is so high, that could be the problem

gdudzinski  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2020 3:18:29 AM(UTC)
gdudzinski

Man
United States

Hi everyone, just heard that Vmix is not compatible with my avermedia 4k plus 2 capture card and thought is was.. Just paid the upgrade fee (not cheap) and thought it was compatible. So either get another capture device/s or get rid of Vmix altogether. Did not have this issue with xsplit or others....
joelhughes63  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2020 4:13:03 AM(UTC)
joelhughes63

United States

Yes, I found out the same thing. I bought a $50 HDMI capture card off Amazon. It worked fine on Zoom and OBS but not so well on vMix. I'm torn now. Just go back with OBS or buy another (more money!) card for vMix.