logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vmixuser47  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 12:33:02 AM(UTC)
vmixuser47

Groups: Registered
United States

So, currently our environment is corporate conferences and done from 'back of house'.

From the PC we are sending/monitoring:

HDMI output to Projectors (often times the presenter's screen, but different in between speakers)
HDMI output to confidence monitor for presenter (most times the presenter's screen with a count-down timer below)
Output used for live stream (usually a two box with the presenter on screen, their PPT, a lower third, etc.)

In the past we've used a quad monitor set-up with each of the HDMI outputs coming into two of the monitors and the other two monitors being used for Vmix and other windows functions.

We would ideally like to monitor all outputs plus run Vmix on a single large monitor (42" or larger, 4K resolution).

I've looked at monitors with multiple HDMI inputs and the selection is slim as far as I've seen.

I've looked at several multi-view hardware solutions but they only output to a single 1080p feed (and if the Vmix environment is only a quarter of a 1080 screen, that's pretty limiting).

Am I missing a solution to make this easier so we're not setting up quad monitors but still able to have a 'visual verification' of what we're sending to each output since we're back of house and can't visually verify these.

These are desktop machines with quad HDMI/DP outputs available.

Thanks in advance!

IMG-8678.jpg (2,208kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

TobinT  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 8:14:33 AM(UTC)
TobinT

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi,

As long as the signals you want to be monitoring are the four outputs then you can turn on the NDI for all of them and loop them back into your session as NDI inputs so they can be included in your mix multiviewer.

I hope that's of some assistance.