logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Daveypr  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 3:03:59 AM(UTC)
Daveypr

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

We have installed vMIX with 2 PTZoptics using SDI into a Decklink DUO card.

All looks good and working fine. Now I need an audio input from our Behringer x32 board.
The X32 has firewire with an older USB 2.0 interface. Cable length will be an issue.

I can connect the USB out from the desk into one of the USB ports on the vMIX computer, but I am not clear if I will need any additional drivers on the PC or if I really need an additional device between the sound desk and the vMIX PC..

Can anyone advise please?

Many thanks
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 3:31:49 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
You need ASIO drivers from Behringer for the X32
Daveypr  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 3:36:55 AM(UTC)
Daveypr

United Kingdom

Thanks DWAM, do I install them on the vMIX PC?
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 3:40:59 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Well you can install them on another computer but it won't solve your issue with vMix using the X32 as an audio interface ! ;o)
So yes... Then your computer (not only vMix) can use the X32 for ins and outs with low latency
Daveypr  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 3:57:09 AM(UTC)
Daveypr

United Kingdom

:-) thank you.. just making sure I got it right... have a great evening
Daveypr  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 6:30:39 AM(UTC)
Daveypr

United Kingdom

OK so I downloaded the Behringer ASIO driver, but it will not install.

The install process asks me to plug in the USB source. I plug in the source from the x32, making sure it is sending audio, but the driver installer stops part way through and then craps out with a failed to install note.

I checked into the the device manager and it shows only the MS drivers which will not deliver.

In the Windows audio input device config I can see that the USB (x-usb) is regitering an input, but there is not routing of that sound to any output device.

vMIX does not recognise anything other than the x-usb and some native Microsoft drivers...

Any suggestions..?

ask  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 8:06:08 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Daveypr Go to Quoted Post
OK so I downloaded the Behringer ASIO driver, but it will not install.

Any suggestions..?

Log a support call with Behringer (Music Tribe) support and check their knowledge base. The answer is probably already there.

Daveypr  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 1:06:52 AM(UTC)
Daveypr

United Kingdom

OK so we fixed it...

There were a number of points which may be of interest to others.

I am using an Dell G5 5090 deskside device. It came pre-loaded with some games control software which was grabbing control over all the inputs and preventing me from loading the ASIO driver.
Solution... uninstall the games software. That got me access to the drivers.

I have still been unable to make the Behringer ASIO driver work, but I am able to read USB off the back of the Behringer using x-USB and ASIO4All

It took a while, but I discovered that our sound guys had configured the Behringer with a "bespoke" config. We re-set to the vanilla recommendation from Behringer and the system started to look better.

This has been the most frustrating issue in setting up vMIX, but i am not sure how the vMIX software could overcome the control exercised by the games software... a warning note for others but it was clearly not the only issue.

Now on to NDI for lower thirds feed.

nidarosvideo  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 5:59:40 PM(UTC)
nidarosvideo

Norway

Is there any good guides on Behringer X-32 and vMix working together?
Daveypr  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 12:25:05 AM(UTC)
Daveypr

United Kingdom

We could not find anything much to help us beyond the vMIX Audio installation guides on YouTube.
We connected using a USB cable from the USB card on the X-32 and then we used this video to set up the direct to USB
That got us working for record only using the Behringer as the mix desk and sending only to the vMIX.
When we moved back into a hybrid of live-stream with some folk in the Church we used this video for the setup of a 2 configs, 1 for streaming and 1 for front of house

Good luck

Oneearthree  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2021 9:09:26 AM(UTC)
Oneearthree

United States

Dave, I have been running audio for a long long time. The ASIO driver is great for hooking up a laptop to record 32 tracks straight onto your music software. Vmix is not a multi-track audio recorder. That's not what the Vmix is designed to do. An easy solution to get a stereo or mono mix into your Vmix is to go thru a (XLR analog to USB adapter). I've done it many times and it works well. Pyle makes a decent 96k sample rate adapter for $30. It is the easiest quickest way to get an audio output from your board to your computer. If you want another input from the board, purchase a second adapter and take signal from another output. There are plenty to choose from on that console. You can use Matrix outputs, Mix Outputs or do some panning and get left-right outputs to give yourself 2 mono outputs. There are also many smaller no name brands that do the same thing. I prefer the Pyle because it has a 2 output pots. 1 for main output and one for a headphone jack for you to monitor what's coming in. I hope that helps solve your problem.
snapoid  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2021 12:53:47 AM(UTC)
snapoid

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
x32 can work as 1-2 channel input/output as simple soundcard, without ASIO, but for some applications driver needed. And x32 has "adjustable setup" for USB-audio channels - 32in/32out, 16in/16out, 32in/8out, 8in/32out. For using this channels your need ASIO (and when ASIO driver installed - your can use it in 2in/2out configuration - for independed mono channels)