logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andreypetr  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 9:27:20 PM(UTC)
andreypetr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hello. I mostly record MP4 files with vMIX as they don't consume a lot of space and of reasonable quality. But unfortunately, multichannel audio messes up MP4 container. Most programs can't open or edit these files.

And sometimes I really need to record just an audio without any video. I guess you can setup an empty output 2 for video, but that feels overcomplicated. The ideal scenario would be to have MP4 video with Master channel in recording slot 1. WAV audio with MAB channels in second recording slot.

Please add an option to recording slots 1/2 to save multichannel WAV file separately.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 9:39:40 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
You can already route any of the 8 AUX Audio Busses output to an external recorder input of your choice. It just takes a Virtual Cable or Virtual Drivers
andreypetr  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 9:42:17 PM(UTC)
andreypetr

Well, yeah. I guess you can use Reaper or Audition to record. But it requires additional software and system resources. If vMIX had this feature, it would be very convenient.
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 9:51:15 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

simple apps like windows recorder or audacity or VoiceMeeter are more than enough and use very low resources
andreypetr  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 10:45:31 PM(UTC)
andreypetr

Following this logic I can hook up an external video recorder and send video to OBS for streaming :). vMIX does all that, and much more, that's why I love it.

WAV recording is already implemented, and it would be great if you can choose to save this file without any video.
DWAM  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 10:55:53 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
Following this logic I can hook up an external video recorder and send video to OBS for streaming :)

Yes I do this very often to feed other encoders if I need different streaming protocols than just RTMP. Yes it's the beauty of vMix to offer so many ways to do what we need.

Quote:
WAV recording is already implemented, and it would be great if you can choose to save this file without any video.

I'm just saying that if you need this you can already do it instead of waiting for this feature to be implemented
andreypetr  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 11:14:31 PM(UTC)
andreypetr

Thanks. For now I am recording audio separately like you described. But it's a hassle to sync audio afterwards, and it requires more time to get everything done in editing.
Fabian  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 9:13:01 PM(UTC)
Fabian

Hi.

I have the same issue. I record the video external but i would love to just record the audio in vmix separtly without video, so i can use the audio te create a podcast or whatever. Now i always have the video with it aswell, but i dont need it... would be great to just turn off the video recording and only keep the audio recording on.