logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Papo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 5:38:46 AM(UTC)
Papo

Groups: Registered
Peru

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Greetings to all of the forum, I want to change the size and position during the live production of the multiview of an entry, for example in an input let's call it "live" I load an image as a background and inside it I add 2 entries of 2 cameras with the that during the talk they change their position and size as programmed in the script. It is that in the script I cannot find the way to obtain that object, that is to say the camera that is inside the "live" input as an overlay to be able to modify its parameters with the functions of position, size and even transparency, I could modify it from the input from the camera itself if I could do it, when changing it also changes in the input multiview, ... but I would like to do it by grabbing the same multiview of the input "live" this so as not to touch
the configuration of the input of the camera .... could it be done ?, I don't know if it explains me well, in other words ... in an input load a title exactly "MultiViewHD" I have to add two inputs there, now I would like to change position and size to these 2 entries is more to add another entry but all this doing in the script, I do not find a function to modify the overlays of an entry that carries other entries in the multiview ..... I thank you for your attention. .. ... :(
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 6:06:07 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Show example

functions: SetZoom, SetPan etc
Papo  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 11:33:58 PM(UTC)
Papo

Peru

Thanks for answerin, if exactly those functions I use; but I need to change them to the inputs of the overlays of the "MultiViewHD" and I don't know how to find that object with each overlay in this case there are 2 how to change them I can't get that object, there is something like "Dim s = input.find (" MultiViewHD "). Overlay (1)" now there if I could apply the functions to "s" ...... but obviously it is not used like this but it is an idea of how to find that object to apply the position functions and zoom .... how do I find that object ... regards
doggy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:00:12 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

MultiViewHD is not really aa multiview, but a title whih one can overlay directly or within a multiview.

you will need to create an input containing your other inputs in the first place

Papo  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:07:31 AM(UTC)
Papo

Peru

friend thanks for being there now, of course in that entry I add others as overlays and I want to change those overlays as the example that I show the code, .... leaving aside that I have reviewed a topic that is almost the same what I think do, and you showed this video on that topic here this is something similar what I want to achieve but all through scripts if another guest comes add it and the other overlays are adjusted to the correct size to give space to the other overlap, ... here you do it with 3 but it can be up to five ..... but I need you to see this code I want to find that object to apply position and zoom "Dim s = input.find (" MultiViewHD ").Overlay (1)" , now your video is accurate but do it through scripts with the position functions and zoom, ...
doggy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:42:12 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

There is no need for a script if you want to emulate the video including changing the guests

Merge (check video about squeze backs etc) and mini Mixes as inputs instead of direct inputs

if you really want to play with scripting check out the "scripting for dummies" post , there is one inthere that might be of use to you
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
Papo on 6/17/2020(UTC)
Papo  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:51:44 AM(UTC)
Papo

Peru

well friend just answer me this the code to find the object, this is the uregente as I find it, I imagine it is this way, because the vmix gives a key name to each superposition so that vmix adapts or resizes it individually. this code as I solve it to find the overlay I want and modify it
Dim s = input.find (" MultiViewHD ") .Overlay (1)

Thank you
doggy  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1:19:17 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: Papo Go to Quoted Post
well friend just answer me this the code to find the object, this is the uregente as I find it, I imagine it is this way, because the vmix gives a key name to each superposition so that vmix adapts or resizes it individually. this code as I solve it to find the overlay I want and modify it
Dim s = input.find (" MultiViewHD ") .Overlay (1)

Thank you

Again, MultiViewHD is a title, not a multiview !

Please also make your question a little bit more to the point (less story) as so far you have gone from (what i can understand if at all ) switching layers to resizing layers which is useless using the MutiviewHD

Elements that can be found with a script is only what can be found in the vMix API (localhost:8088/api)
Function usable in a script are the same one can use for a shortcut (see help files function reference) so check first if a shortcut can do what you want (per step)
Papo  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 4:18:29 AM(UTC)
Papo

Peru

example: in an entry I can add 5 overlays (they can be up to 10) and each overlap I want to resize them, position transparency, etc, make changes to the overlays of an entry, but do it automatically using code ......... no I know if this is clear and a thousand apologies if I don't know how to explain it well, forgive me