logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
northtrader  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 1:49:13 AM(UTC)
northtrader

Groups: Registered
United States

Really weird phenomena. Using vMix 23 with a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Low Pro video card outputting via Display Port to a LG27UD58 4k monitor. Windows 10 Pro.

vMix and the monitor work perfectly together until I invoke a settings dialog box - whether I 'add a new input' or invoke the settings gear on an existing input the monitor starts to randomly flicker to black. What, if anything, is vMix trying to communicate to the monitor that causes this phenomena? Any idea on how to stop this from happening?
I was trying to program triggers on a countdown timer and could barely complete the task amongst the continuous flickering to black on my monitor.

Doesn't happen on while using other software on the machine and does not show up when vMix is being used to produce a broadcast. Only shows up when I invoke a vMix function that requires some type of a settings dialog box.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
northtrader  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 11:35:11 PM(UTC)
northtrader

Groups: Registered
United States

So I updated the Nvidia driver to 442.92 (Release Date: Thu Apr 16, 2020) and for a few hours last night things went well. I'll post if any issues surface. I was on 442.19 when all the monitor flickering was presenting itself.