logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lewie1999  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 11:42:25 PM(UTC)
Lewie1999

Groups: Registered
United States

Computer: AMD 3960X Threadripper, 64 Ram, Windows 10 Pro/Aida PTZ NDI/HX cameras/Meraki MX67 router/Meraki Ms120 switch/vMix 4K
Two problems: (1) I cannot record without getting stutters in the video. Every few minutes it will freeze or jump. Looks like the CPU can't keep up or something. I'm recording to mp4 @ 4Mbps.
(2) I cannot get a good green screen. I have done plenty of green screen work so I know to have the screen away from the subject (I have it at least 6' away) and well lit, but I cannot get away from getting green along the edges. Especially if the guy has a bald head. Aliasing is bad too but it doesn't work to turn anti aliasing up past medium. I pick the green screen color, hit preset 2, then adjust until right before I get red line around subject. IT_Lindell.jpg (830kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
Lewie1999  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 2:13:50 AM(UTC)
Lewie1999

United States

FYI, during recording, I also recorded on my DSLR just as a backup (thankfully). I brought the video from the DSLR into vMix and the green screen works perfectly! Really nice job. Now to figure out how to get it right revording in vMix.
DWAM  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 2:24:32 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Don't expect to get a good green screen from such a highly compressed NDI|HX signal and such a poor camera.
If you are picky about quality, use SDI and a real cam with at least 4:2:2 sub sampling

Your recording issue is very likely to be caused by the same reason. I wouldn't use NDI|HX for real video production, to me it's just good for security cameras...
Vince Beck  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 6:43:52 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I would look at Intel / Nvidia for a VMix system. Look at the reference systems. Lits of people seem to have issues with Rizen chips.

You are also getting lots of bleed on your green screen. I would recommend masking unused parts, lighting separately, and keeping at least 15-20 feet distance between talent and screen.
VeloMedia  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2024 9:58:08 PM(UTC)
VeloMedia

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Lewie1999 Go to Quoted Post
Computer: AMD 3960X Threadripper, 64 Ram, Windows 10 Pro/Aida PTZ NDI/HX cameras/Meraki MX67 router/Meraki Ms120 switch/vMix 4K
Two problems: (1) I cannot record without getting stutters in the video. Every few minutes it will freeze or jump. Looks like the CPU can't keep up or something. I'm recording to mp4 @ 4Mbps.
(2) I cannot get a good green screen. I have done plenty of green screen work so I know to have the screen away from the subject (I have it at least 6' away) and well lit, but I cannot get away from getting green along the edges. Especially if the guy has a bald head. Aliasing is bad too but it doesn't work to turn anti aliasing up past medium. I pick the green screen color, hit preset 2, then adjust until right before I get red line around subject. IT_Lindell.jpg (830kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

Hi Lewie

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm building a Threadripper 3960x vMix machine, so have been looking through the forum, to see if people had issues with a 3960x CPU.

Thanks
Lewie1999  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2024 11:12:28 PM(UTC)
Lewie1999

United States

Yes, I did. Had to experiment with the green screen setting a bit, but it works great now. Never is a problem. And the jitters in the recording is gone. This was so long ago, I cannot remember what I did to rectify it, but it's not a problem. I do know I no longer record the individual cameras separately (I use three) and that may have solved it, but I'm not sure.