logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yantei  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 2:47:09 PM(UTC)
yantei

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I've got a license for Basic HD version and noticed quite serious bug in audio layer of vMix.
Over some time of running vMix there is a weird chopping effect of audio which lasts about 10 seconds, sometimes even longer - up to 3 minutes. Over this time everything comes back to normal functioning. It happens circa once in an hour, but it's not so regular. My suspicion is the audio delay feature, which use to synch the video coming from one source with the audio from another - the delay for audio I set is 500 ms.
Here is the sample you can check: https://www.dropbox.com/...0/audio-issue-sample.mp3

Version of vMix I currently use is 12.0.0.120 x64, my system is Windows 8.1. Do you need more information?
admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 10:50:07 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Please do not send an email and a forum post, it gets confusing!

My response I emailed below:

Could you provide some additional information about your setup such as how the audio is coming into vMix
and what other inputs you have connected.

It sounds like the issue is coming from the source rather than vMix which may indicate a hardware issue of some kind.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
yantei  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2014 2:48:17 PM(UTC)
yantei

Groups: Registered

Sorry for a confusion - I'm in panic because tomorrow I've got a next event and I'm afraid of repeating this errors..
Probably you're right about the hardware - I made a test with different audio input (the same as video - Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB3) and there was no issue. Previous audio input was from Roland VR-3 - maybe I should look for updated driver for 8.1 as previously I was working on 8 and it never happened.
I'll keep you posted, thanks for answering anyway.