logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hidavid  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 6:31:17 AM(UTC)
hidavid

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello

I'm trying to get some Insights on how to best design a portable network solution. We have a VMIX System that connects to up to 8 Cameras via SDI, we go to the streaming location where we usualy require a LAN Connection for it, in rare cases we have to rely on WLAN, sometimes behind a captive portal. We also use Speedify on the machine and then add LTE Dongles to solidify the connection. Now I'm trying to add in NDI Capabilities and the possibility to use Tally Lights that are connected via WLAN to the VMIX System. So idealy it would be a plug&play solution: Plug in the Router/System and have Ethernet passthrough to the VMIX machine, our proper preconfigured WLAN on site and (this is probably not possible) the possibilit to still use speedify at least on the vmix machine and also use available WLAN with logins required via captive portals. Adding additional mesh access points to enhace reach for NDI and Tallys would be a benefit obviously, as is portability.

I was also looking at using connectify (a software hotspot solution from the same company that makes speedify), but I dont like the idea of mixing up incoming and self-spanned WLAN's and ideal I'd prefer not to have more software than already necessary running on the VMIX machine.

We use a Unifi Infrastructure at the office of which I'm a big fan, building a switch, cloud key and a WLAN AP into a portable case seems to be quite a hassle though for me.

Does anyone have an idea / a product with which I can achieve the before mentioned?

in short:
-Network solution we can bring to clients location
- WLAN AP & Switch for having our own Network for NDI and Tally, ideally with MESH Capability
- Possibilit to connect to local WAN & WLAN with capitve portal
- Robust and sturdy
mavik  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 9:47:24 PM(UTC)
mavik

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Take a look at peplink, mushroom, teradek, viprinet and there was a middle east located vendor as well that I forgot the name of. Some of those will even allow VLANs on the WAN. So even if there is just one physical WAN Port you can use multiple links on that. That would require a managed VLAN capable switch.

I wouldn't use a mesh setup at all. If you need a superb WLAN network take a look at ruckus. The only network to my knowledge to works perfect with roaming even apple devices.

Take a look at our webside https://mavik.de/streami...ues-bonding-geraet.html. This custom computer/device includes all you would need.