logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hmastet  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 11:12:21 PM(UTC)
hmastet

Groups: Registered
Australia

I think I've run into an issue where the "record" audio delay is its own independent value.

https://medium.com/@drc_online/need-to-measure-latency-and-lip-sync-theres-now-an-app-for-that-3bce1a8e4b45

I use the above method to measure delay betwen a video and an audio source, then i "calibrate" each audio delay for each video accordingly.

However, with the recording window's audio delay at zero, it doesn't matter what the delay is for the input channels.

This is a problem if I have several audio devices (this is an issue of need) as the global delay value is not a one size fits all.

Any workarounds?
ask  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 9:05:06 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
AFAIK the recording function takes Output 1 (or whichever Output you set with some editions) and the Audio is by default Master. Any audio that is processed prior to hitting the master bus can be delayed at an input level and the recording will be consistent with whatever you have sent to output. The recorded master audio can then be further delayed if required. I have not been able to see the behaviour you describe. I suggest that you log a support call and send a diagnostic log with vMix directly. https://www.vmix.com/contact-us.aspx

Happy to help out. PM me if you want.
hmastet  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 11:53:27 AM(UTC)
hmastet

Australia

I can send you video files for your analysis if you wish. I will most definitely have to log a support call with vMix. Thanks