logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mbreese  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 3:08:12 PM(UTC)
mbreese

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,
I am just beginning with Vmix and need a quick start.
I've got the very basics but need to find help with two things
1) I have to do a live stream with several sources: camera, video files, audio files, image slides. is there a way to set up the show in advance with the scene function and just have a single key step me through the pre-programed show? Looking for a video tutorial on this.
2) some scenes require the transition to have video audio come in (over a live mic) before the video transitions. so not an audio delay, but a video delay. Does anyone know a tutorial for that?
Thanks
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 5:50:06 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Check out vMix youtube channel for tutorials about all things vMix and use this forum as a source of inspiration

"Scene" is a word used in the OBS (and other softwares) context. With vMix, you'd rather use the word "multiview". Words are important, if you search for scene in this forum, you won't get much, if you search for multiview you will get plenty.

Yes it's possible to set up the show in advance, it's even recommended.

However, vMix being a very powerful live production software with hundreds of sophisticated features for managing audio and video and media, don't expect to master it in a snap. It takes time to fully understand its potential, to eveluate the innombrable options it offers to produce a show. After 8 years of extensive use, I'm still learning everytime I use it. SO my best advice is practise as much as you can, watch the tutorials on YouTube, reproduce the use cases that are presented, read this forum and the manual as much as possible and keep it simple as long as you're not experienced enough for more complex use cases. If you work a lot with vMix it will come fast.
doggy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 6:05:17 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)

For a "quick start" it might be more productive to hire someone with a bit (years) of experience with vMix?

but here are a couple to keep you entertained and achieve the goal, between this and the forum everything is answered

https://www.youtube.com/user/vmixcomau/videos