logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
roverradio  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 2:41:16 PM(UTC)
roverradio

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I've been trying for the past couple of hours to get vMix Call to use direct connections (STUN) and not TURN. This is vmix to vmix (in other words, software to software).

This is a studio to studio setup, and I control the router/firewall on each end (pfsense). But I have been unable to get it to work without relaying.

I've checked the firewall requirements page. I'm still unable to get it to work even when I pretty much go full open on the firewall.

Anyone have experience with setting up pfsense for this? Very curious why I've not been able to get it to work thus far. ANy help appreciated.

Thanks!
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 6:32:07 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
pfSense is a very sophisticated router with many options/features that can prevent vMixCall from working by default

I'd check the firewall rules, the way NAT is used (there are several NAT types), all the features for extended security (IDS for example) just to name a few...

A potential workaround : create an IPSEC VPN between the 2 locations

Also believe the pfSense forum is a better place than this to ask your question.
roverradio  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 9:33:51 AM(UTC)
roverradio

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I think I have this fixed. Quick question that I can't find anywhere in the docs...

On Call Manager / Advanced Call Stats it will show you quality/latency, etc.

What are the different indicators next to IP that would indicate whether STUN or TURN is used?

For instance, I am now showing ip:port:ServerReflexive for the address of the call.

I am assuming ServerReflexive means STUN was employed, and TURN is not active, correct? I make this assumption because I have selected Direct Connections Only and it is connected.

But I don't see this for sure in the docs, nor do I see what other possible messages would be there.