logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ocmaster85  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 7:16:12 AM(UTC)
ocmaster85

Groups: Registered
Denmark

Hi all,

This is my first post after spending the last 2 weeks watching lots of videos on YouTube regarding vMix setup, tutorials and more.
I’ve been given the task to spec out a new dedicated studio in my company’s new office space (moving in start July)

The studio space is quite small (2.5m wide x 4.5m long, and will mainly be focused around 2 hosts placed at a table, with 1 or more external hosts brought in through a remote call.
The plan is to have a single camera for the 1-2 hosts within the studio, and then utilize vMix Call to bring in the external hosts. Furthermore we’ll need to grab the screen from 3-4 external PC’s in regards to PowerPoint presentations, alternative remote call solutions (in regards of vMix Call not being an option for an external host - “plan B” so to say..) and we will also run an output to a confidence monitor facing the hosts at their table.
We want to run a keyed background (chroma/green screen) setup, and for this to work within the limitation of the room, I’ve landed on a solution from Reflecmedia with their Chromatte reflective backdrop systems.

The assistance/guidance I’m after is simply what hardware i need to utilize for a PC build, in order to have a super stable system, preferable something that will run 24/7 with remote access in regards to configuring the setup for an upcoming live-stream from home or elsewhere without the need of being on-site in the office for that task.
I’ve already decided on that all encoding and recording will need to happen outside the PC with dedicated hardware like Teradek VidiU Go or AJA Helo, so the PC simply needs to handle the switching, the vMix Calls (up to 4 - if we go with the 4K license), keyed background, some lower thirds, bugs and logos - nothing out of the ordinary.

My assumption is that a lot of the power within a vMix PC goes towards the encoding and recording, so I’m a bit puzzled in regards to how much power i really need, since we’ll handle those tasks externally..
I’ve looked at i7/i9 solutions with 2060/2080 gfx cards, and even alternatives within the Quadro range of Nvidia cards (some of those run off a bit in regards to price ;) )

I hope someone are running a similar setup in terms of needed audio/video I/O with external encode and recording, that are able to shine some light on what’s required.
I’ve looked quite a bit into server (or high end workstation) hardware, since that’s mentioned in regards to some AJA capture cards due to their market segment within the more pro parts of the business.

Looking forward to some input, suggestions or even solutions :) I’m open to all ! So shoot... :)

Best regards from Denmark,