logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
road410  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 8:28:00 AM(UTC)
road410

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hello All,

Last few days have been exploring the Input Multiview (IMV) options.

It was working fine but now all of a sudden the Overlay 1 keeps on turning ON which makes it appear two times on the FINAL OUTPUT screen.

Everytime it is switched off, it turns back ON in few seconds.

Any possible way out or remedy ? Have I entered some wrong commands ? Can't figure out.

DWAM  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 5:38:39 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Make sure you have no triggers for overlay 1 in the inputs you use within your multiview

However multiview inputs and overlays 1 to 4 are 2 different things with no relation in between (unless set by the user)
road410  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 8:24:50 PM(UTC)
road410

Canada

Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
Make sure you have no triggers for overlay 1 in the inputs you use within your multiview

However multiview inputs and overlays 1 to 4 are 2 different things with no relation in between (unless set by the user)

Thanks for your time and attention.

No, I haven't initiated any trigger commands and actually have never explored the same.

I checked the Triggers sections in the Multi View panel, and it was showing empty as well.

DWAM  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 8:51:26 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

It's not clear what you call "overlay 1"

Are you talking about the overlays 1 to 4 which can be activated/deactivated from the 4 little buttons on each input (or the central row between PVW and PGM). This is what I understand but there should not be any relation with the use of multiviews or not
OR
Are your talking about the "1st layer" in your Multiview input ?

Did you change anything in the overlay settings ? bottom right button ?

I think we need more info about your problem, even maybe a screencap or a short video showing exactly what you're dealing with...
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 8:53:46 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ road410

You seem to have a lot of issues with your vMix PC exhibiting behaviours that can be user designed and executed in vMix, but you never set up (i.e. reflections on Title text and automated Overlays).
Something is not quite right, can you elaborate further on your computer specs, your workflow and set-up, and if anyone else has or had access to your vMix PC?

Ice
road410  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 9:20:29 PM(UTC)
road410

Canada

It's not clear what you call "overlay 1"

Are you talking about the overlays 1 to 4 which can be activated/deactivated from the 4 little buttons on each input (or the central row between PVW and PGM). This is what I understand but there should not be any relation with the use of multiviews or not
OR
Are your talking about the "1st layer" in your Multiview input ?

Did you change anything in the overlay settings ? bottom right button ?

I think we need more info about your problem, even maybe a screencap or a short video showing exactly what you're dealing with...

Thanks so much for the help.

I am referring to the 4 overlay buttons located along with each input and the central row. Input 1, once switched OFF, it quickly turn to ON thus doubling the display on final production.

A screenshot showing the PREVIEW and FINAL OUTPUT is being shown.

Hope this clarifies. Thanks.

VmixOverlayError.png (407kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
road410  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 9:24:11 PM(UTC)
road410

Canada

Originally Posted by: IceStream Go to Quoted Post
@ road410

You seem to have a lot of issues with your vMix PC exhibiting behaviours that can be user designed and executed in vMix, but you never set up (i.e. reflections on Title text and automated Overlays).
Something is not quite right, can you elaborate further on your computer specs, your workflow and set-up, and if anyone else has or had access to your vMix PC?

Ice

Thanks for noticing the issues being referred to and greatly appreciate your assistance.

I think these are learning lessons but yes the VMix PC is remotely managed for convenience but none of the settings have been changed.

These tech issues came up recently as initially the trials were performing well.
DWAM  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 9:42:50 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

It's still not very clear what's part of the multiview and what's an overlay. Every element I see here could be both... I suspect this Spartan banner is the overlay you're talking about but I don't understand how it could be set to show at 2 different locations at the same time and not with the same size AND content (the road today logo is missing in top overlay)

Quote:
the VMix PC is remotely managed for convenience but none of the settings have been changed.

Obviously something has changed. There might even be a remote command running constantly in the background... Did you try shutting down remote access ? Rebooting the PC ? What happens in another vMix project ?

IMHO you'd better remove this multiview input and start over. You (or the remote operator) obviously did something wrong but it's very unlikely to be a vMix problem.

road410  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 10:32:04 PM(UTC)
road410

Canada

It's still not very clear what's part of the multiview and what's an overlay. Every element I see here could be both... I suspect this Spartan banner is the overlay you're talking about but I don't understand how it could be set to show at 2 different locations at the same time and not with the same size AND content (the road today logo is missing in top overlay)

Quote:
the VMix PC is remotely managed for convenience but none of the settings have been changed.

Obviously something has changed. There might even be a remote command running constantly in the background... Did you try shutting down remote access ? Rebooting the PC ? What happens in another vMix project ?

IMHO you'd better remove this multiview input and start over. You (or the remote operator) obviously did something wrong but it's very unlikely to be a vMix problem.

Yeah the Spartan banner is actually the "GT Ticker - Super Mega News" input which has been set up independently and also used in one of the Multiview Input.

For some reasons, it stays ON even after switched OFF individually and thus shows up on FINAL OUTPUT.

I will meanwhile reboot the PC and also remove this particular Multiview input to start over.

Thanks for your thorough look into this.

road410  
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 11:06:36 AM(UTC)
road410

Canada

Another thing I have noticed is that as soon a new Title Input is added (doesn't matter whether its a GT Title or Non-GT version), within few seconds it takes position of #1 Overlay.

One has to manually switch it OFF but it soon changes to ON position.

doggy  
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 5:31:03 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Try using the overlay (1-4) selection under the input , not the one in the center. The center one will overalay what was last used on that number