logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mr. Red  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 7:12:11 PM(UTC)
Mr. Red

Groups: Registered
Belarus

I make a wireless TALLY for vMix and broadcast to all receivers what input in previews and programs.
When I get vMix TCP (https://www.vmix.com/help23/index.htm?TCPAPI.html) I see the answer TALLY OK 21110000, but I have the first imput in the program and overlay, the second preview and overlay, the third overlay, the fourth overlay. How can I find out what input is on the air? I suggest changing the vMix response — if input is included in the overlay, it adds to the value in the response +4 TALLY OK 56440000.

2020-06-04_12-12-02.png (871kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
RichDanby  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 12:45:26 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
My first thought was...

I think you should use XML rather than TALLY. That will give you a lot of extra info that will be hard to fit into the TALLY output without making it really hard to decode for simple uses.

XML will tell you what is on program, preview, all of the overlays and also if the overlays are live on preview or program.

It does look like you can only subscribe to TALLY so you may need to issue a XML request when you get a TALLY update.

..but then I looked again and it is a bit confusing..
input 1 on program, 2 in preview = 12
input 1 on program and preview = 10
input 1 on program, preview and overlay = 20
input 1 on program, preview and 4 overlays = 50
input 1 on program, preview and preview overlay = 10
input 1 on program and preview and 2 in preview overlay = 10
input 1 on program and preview and 2 in overlay = 11

It seems preview overlays aren't reflected in TALLY and program overlays add 1 to value rather than setting it to 1.

I think the output should be 1 if the input is in program in any form. If not it should be 2 if it is in preview in any form. If not then zero. This works well with inputs within multiviews so seems to be a bit of a bug with overlays.

Tally for overlays probably isn't a much requested feature but I could imagine using it to tell a graphics op that their output is live.
Mr. Red  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 12:02:47 AM(UTC)
Mr. Red

Belarus

I'd be interested to hear the developers' opinion. It is a bug and it will be fixed or it is normal operation of the program.