logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jomeurphy37  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 12:56:50 AM(UTC)
jomeurphy37

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/4/2020(UTC)
Posts: 3

Hi,

I've been testing and using Vmix with incoming SRT streams from the Larix Broadcaster app without any issues for a while but I've started to get some trouble with Android devices not being able to send their stream to Vmix. The same server settings are working well with iOS devices and I'm able to view the Larix Broadcaster stream using FFMPEG/FFPLAY on the same machine that's running Vmix, but Vmix either shows a black screen or occasionally a still frame from the remote device but nothing more.

In the Statistics window I can see it's showing the Source Dropped frames flying up along with the error under the Video column: "Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array., SRTListener.DecodeThread"

On the SRT tab it shows the duration ticking up but the Packet Loss % just goes up and up.

Any help or suggestions appreciated - I've reached out to the Larix Broadcaster developer as well in case it's something on the app side.

All the best,
Joe
admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 1:30:06 AM(UTC)
admin

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 1/13/2010(UTC)
Posts: 4,506
Man
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Was thanked: 2752 time(s) in 1150 post(s)
Hi,

If the packet loss is increasing it usually means the latency setting is set too low.
Try increasing this in vMix to at least 1000ms for mobile sources like Larix.
If that does not help try unticking Use Hardware Decoder.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
jomeurphy37  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 2:06:53 AM(UTC)
jomeurphy37

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/4/2020(UTC)
Posts: 3

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the post - I already had the latency set pretty high at 2000ms - I've just tried going for a really high latency at 5000ms but still no joy (although the Packet Loss % dropped to 0 and stayed there)

I've just tried without Hardware Decoding on but I'm getting the same issue.

The exact same settings work from the Larix Broadcaster app on iOS and I'm able to playback the streams using FFPlay on the machine running Vmix from either Android or iOS devices.

Is there anywhere else I can see logs that might help get to the bottom of the issue?

Cheers,
Joe
admin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 2:37:09 AM(UTC)
admin

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 1/13/2010(UTC)
Posts: 4,506
Man
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Was thanked: 2752 time(s) in 1150 post(s)
Please send a support report in vMix from Settings -> About and drop us an email to info@vmix.com.au with your registration key to investigate further.
jomeurphy37  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 7:37:59 PM(UTC)
jomeurphy37

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/4/2020(UTC)
Posts: 3

Just a quick note for anyone else who might run into the same issue - it seems to be related to an audio bug. A new version of the Larix Broadcaster is on the way which will hopefully fix the issue but for the meantime the workaround is to make sure the audio channels are set to Mono in the Larix Broadcaster app.

Many thanks to both Martin (vMix) and Yury (Larix) for their speedy replies and prompt investigating of the issue.

Joe
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.