logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
skoota  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 6:31:51 PM(UTC)
skoota

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi All,

Two related (but different) questions about some shortcut functions I would like to control via an X-key panel, but cannot find in the list of Functions when adding a MIDI shortcut in vMix:

1. We use Lists to queue up videos to be played, but need to be able to manually select a video (we don't use auto advance). Is there a Function, like ListNextItem and ListPreviousItem, we could map to buttons on our X-keys? I found other functions relating to lists, but none to go back/forwards through the items in the list.

2. We are also looking at purchasing an X-keys XK-68+Jog/Shuttle. This model is supported by vMix (it's on the hardware compatibility list) but we want to use the jog wheel to scroll back and forwards through a video in preview (which seems different to most use-cases for this panel, where it's used for instant replay). Is this possible? Again, I couldn't find any Functions which seem like they relate to this...but I know that wheels are handled a bit differently...I think?

Thanks in advance!
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 6:40:22 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Originally Posted by: skoota Go to Quoted Post
1. We use Lists to queue up videos to be played, but need to be able to manually select a video (we don't use auto advance). Is there a Function, like ListNextItem and ListPreviousItem, we could map to buttons on our X-keys? I found other functions relating to lists, but none to go back/forwards through the items in the list.

NextItem
PreviousItem
SelectIndex

Quote:
we want to use the jog wheel to scroll back and forwards through a video in preview

Never tried but suspect SetPosition is the way to go
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
skoota on 6/3/2020(UTC)
skoota  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 8:01:52 PM(UTC)
skoota

Australia

Thanks, that did the trick :)
skoota  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 7:04:18 PM(UTC)
skoota

Australia

One other question, do you know if it's possible to toggle headphones on/off for particular inputs via Shortcuts? Searching the shortcuts doesn't show much for "Headphones".

This is mainly so I can easily toggle whether an input comes through headphones for monitoring purposes. Thanks!
dmwkr  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 6:07:40 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
You can "Solo" inputs for the headphones. Alternatively you can enable an audio bus, "solo" that bus and toggle the Bus for the inputs you want to listen to through headphones.