logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hmastet  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 7:23:51 PM(UTC)
hmastet

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi,

Feature request for extended audio routing and splitting on inputs.

Admittedly I come from a sound background more than a video/lighting background.

I am in a situation where I am dealing with a lot more audio sources than video sources.

I have some A/V sync issues that I can simply address by sending analog audio into the camera XLR inputs OR using audio interfaces attached to iphones and then mixing them in vMix with VSTs. This also reduces the need for a mixing console.

However, audio interfaces on iphones are stereo and so the NDI channel is in stereo. Splitting it to the mono option doesn't actually create two audio channels per se, so I cannot apply individual effects to the former L and R channels.

SRT as well.

Hope this was an understandable request.
Paul Fuhrmann  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 4:46:31 PM(UTC)
Paul Fuhrmann

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
+1

Iam also for improved audio mixing features.

i would like to have the ability to hook up inputs with other inputs acousticaly.

example: in my studio is the moderator and a guest in real. I also have a second guest via call or ndi/stream in.

showing one of them is fine both together also. but now they want to talk about a presentation they gave me.
i can set up a pip and they are heard.

but if i go in fullscreen of the presentation i cut the audio linked to cameras. what i can do is manualy mix both camera audios bey decouple them from the follow. which leads to more manual mixing. Not cool if you work in the vmix box only.

What should be cool is to select the presentation input and rightclick on it. the select „link with audio from input xy“
This would also work with plain audiosources hmastet wanted.

I dont want to break up the audio follow in general. I realy enjoy that in a comercial break clip e.g. all mics are muted automatically.

And jes i came from audio first and then moved to audiovisual.

Greetings Paul
DWAM  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 6:33:07 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Paul Fuhrmann Go to Quoted Post

i would like to have the ability to hook up inputs with other inputs acousticaly.

Create Multiview inputs where you can bind up to 11 inputs together
OR
use triggers
hmastet  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 7:47:17 PM(UTC)
hmastet

Australia

Another mention would be in multichannel SDI/NDI, only the first two channels show up in the audio mixer, with the others requiring the matrix in menu. If there's 4 channels or we can select them like we do with camera inputs, I would like them to show up in the audio mixer.
hmastet  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 7:48:37 PM(UTC)
hmastet

Australia

Originally Posted by: Paul Fuhrmann Go to Quoted Post
+1

Greetings Paul

that's what the audio bus feature is for unless i'm mistaken...
Paul Fuhrmann  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 7:12:08 PM(UTC)
Paul Fuhrmann

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello There

@DWAM i know. the feature of stacking Multiviewers (inputs) for audio link. But sometimes it must be quick.

Also if you do so you end up with a really big input count wich is hard to manage as a live switcher environment, and want everything on quick direct access. I am not sure if the MV stack for audio is a Workaround or the philosophy vMix is intended to use.

@hmastet the audio bus wont work for this.
example: i have an camera with audio link an a presentation. i can build a pip with both camera and presentation. if i want to show only the keynote the mic will mute even if i attached both inputs to the same bus.

This is where the stacked mv input is the only way to do.
(so far)

Iam not really certain how to work with vMix in depth.
Creating inputs and two dublica via mv for each sittuation is not the best idea for me. also that everything is
triggerless is somhow cool for customization but not ideal for av rental company workflow. you have to programm everthing trice (not twice!)
I mainly use Campanion with StreamDeck but even this is a bit to small and to time consuming if you need to change things. (customers allways want changes)

Greetings