logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ruimes  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 3:29:21 AM(UTC)
ruimes

Groups: Registered
Portugal

hi,Iam a recent user of vmix and vmix call, my first work dont finish very well, the guest in vcall listen thenself (like a echo) all the time . I already see part of the problem is that when i export to external monitor(with blackmagic monitor)the same sound went to guest too.How can i create a clean call with my guests? regards
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 4:18:55 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
vMix does the audio part very easy with vMixCall as it does the automatic mix-minus

BUT never use loudspeakers if your own mic is open... Always work with headphones, otherwise your mic picks the loudspeakers sound and sends it back to your guest.
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 7:20:56 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
well, sometimes one must use loudspeakers. For example today with a panel of four persons in our studio, and two persons via vMix Call. (I can post a picture tomorrow).

The trick is to let the caller's audio "duck" the studio mikes. In our studio we use the XR18 audio mixer's gate/ducking feature for that.

In vMix one can also use a VST3 plugin that support "side chain compression" together with some cumbersome audio routing and virtual audio cabling.

To learn more, search the Forum and Google. You might also want to consider adding your vote to the Feature Request https://forums.vmix.com/...nd-Sidechain-Compression
(which if implemented would make it super easy to fix your issue ;)