logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AlanZ  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 12:41:47 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I put this in General as it isn't only about vMixCall.

Here is the setup and use case:

• I host a Zoom group meeting on a pretty nice notebook computer... sending vMix video via External
  • My computer is running vMix 4k license and hosting a vMixCall
  • The Zoom window is being captured as an input on my computer
  • My wife (Lauren) is running a vMix HD license on her computer, two floors above me
  • She is connected to my vMixCall (vMix-to-vMix no browser involved)
  • She is also a participant on the Zoom call, with video muted. She can have her Zoom audio muted or not join the audio at all (and speak/listen via the vMixCall)
  • My program uses output from my computer and Lauren's computer... but I want to also (from time to time) show zoom participants.

Audio

• Lauren has a microphone input that is muted in the headphones
  • I have a microphone (muted in the headphones) and various videos with audio on my computer
  • I get the audio from Lauren via the vMixCall input
  • I send the audio from my computer (the vMix program output) to Zoom via a Virtual Audio Cable (Line 1)
  • I get the audio from Zoom via a Virtual Audio Cable (Line 2) (currently not muted)

Question is... how do I reliably present and record my vMix session, and specifically get to record all the audio, and only let people hear an appropriate mix (That which I should hear, Lauren should hear, and that the Zoom participants should hear). Essentially, all people should be able to hear everyone else but not themselves.

Tricky stuff this audio.
AlanZ  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 2:04:06 PM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Anyone?
CrimsonAvenger  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 5:33:17 PM(UTC)
CrimsonAvenger

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
AlanZ,

I'm thinking about a somewhat similar setup as fallback for vMix call.

Trying to visualise without having done it, but it sounds like you might be doubling up on audio with a feed to Lauren via vMix Call, and then again through Zoom.

Audio IS super tricky. Before vMix Call, I spent ages sketching out on a whiteboard the complicated mixing board setup that would be required for mix-minus - which thankfully vMix does automatically.

And Zoom ALSO does automatically. Remarkably useful tool. But for all the people online who think that recording a screen that looks like the opening of the Muppet Show makes for good TV..... not so much.

I'm not sure this is the answer, but here's what I was thinking.

We're testing vMix in the cloud with AWS - and if we need to use Zoom as an additional inject to vMix Call, we have similar complications. And that could be compounded if I want IFB.

But I was thinking that we'd open up some other simple EC2 instances on the same subnet (in your case, another PC on the same network) - and take a master feed of the Zoom audio call, that combines all participants on one of the instances.

Then for individual HD video, we'd create separate EC2 instances for each one, with outbound video and audio disabled. Just watching/listening. Then pin the video for each participant.

So for example, here's a possible setup:
4 participant Zoom call means 4 simple EC2 instances, each one with a different pinned video. No outbound video or audio, And then mute the incoming audio on each one. Just the inbound video to share to vMix via NDI
Create a 5th EC2 instance, open up the same Zoom meeting. And take a master audio from that. Share to vMix via NDI.

Don't know whether that's any closer to a solution for what you need, but comes at the problem differently, so thought it might help you figure something out.

You can have 750 hours a month of FREE basic EC2 instances on Amazon AWS - and then I think you just pay for the data in/out. Not sure, because the whole thing is so darn convoluted.

Please let me know if what I posted above is any help whatsoever. Or alternatively, let me know if it's completely useless!
thanks 1 user thanked CrimsonAvenger for this useful post.
adnan_h on 12/22/2020(UTC)
TobinT  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 6:13:34 PM(UTC)
TobinT

Belgium

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi,

You'll essentially need to create a mix per destination so using a couple buses.

So you have Bus M - Master Mix for tx
Bus A - Zoom mix minus (Zoom will deal with internal mix minuses you only need to focus on your side)
Bus B - Vmix call mix minus

Essentially just make sure audio is enabled or disabled to the correct buses.

I would keep your wife on one system or the other as it complicates matters having her both in the zoom call and on connected via vmix. Assuming there is a reason for this requirement though essentially as long as she's completely muted on either system it should be fine, issues will only arise if she's open on both at the same time

Hope that makes sense