logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Madpaddy  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 12:31:19 AM(UTC)
Madpaddy

Groups: Registered
Ireland

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am having difficulty on how to capture a game screen only.As an example I have 2 screens and want to capture Project cars 2 which does not run in window mode.I can capture the desktop but it also captures everything on the screen.How do isolate the game capture only like in OBS.
ask  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 9:27:17 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Madpaddy Go to Quoted Post
I am having difficulty on how to capture a game screen only.As an example I have 2 screens and want to capture Project cars 2 which does not run in window mode.I can capture the desktop but it also captures everything on the screen.How do isolate the game capture only like in OBS.

Experiment with the Windows Capture Method https://www.vmix.com/hel...LocalDesktopCapture.html

thanks 1 user thanked ask for this useful post.
Madpaddy on 5/22/2020(UTC)
Maverick87Shaka  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 8:16:46 PM(UTC)
Maverick87Shaka

Italy

Hi,
I know it's an old topic, but I've always some trouble with vmix trying to capture a game running on the same pc.
I've this problem with multiple games ( not all, but several including DCS and Star Citizen )
I try to use the WindowsGraphicsCapture method as well as the other, but nothing changes, I can only see the desktop, also trying using capture the whole screen method, when alt-tab on games, I continue to see only the desktop underneath.

My system is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 ( Build 1809 ), with an RTX2080Ti and latest studio driver

Kligan  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2021 3:20:02 PM(UTC)
Kligan

United States

This is a weird issue. Have you tried using a different program? Maybe there is an issue related to that and it has a bug. I get it that is so annoying, especially when you need it the most. I am playing World of Warcraft from time to time, and sometimes I am recording my playthrough. One time, I've found a mythic 15 carry and I was so excited, but the recording program crashed and I have no footage left of finding it. It simply happens and there isn't much that you can do about it. You have to keep trying again
cad80_99  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2022 5:01:53 PM(UTC)
cad80_99

United States

I just posted this question, did you find a solution yet? I just got vmix and like a lot of things about it over OBS, but this was something that I so far cant find. OBS has a few options for this like a game capture that you can select a game.

I play older games and when I do, I dont feel like setting up my second PC. I just use 1 monitor. One game I play, only does full screen as well. When I go back to watch, it only shows the desktop itself and not the game. You can hear the game being played but not see it.
Marbury  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2023 4:17:51 PM(UTC)
Marbury

I have the same issue and need a good solution.
vmixgreg  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2023 9:16:44 PM(UTC)
vmixgreg

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Please note, capturing game play from the same computer is not advised since both vMix and the Game application will compete for valuable resources on the GPU (kind of like trying to play two different games at the same time) which means performance will be impacted.
Also note, not all applications (games or others) will capture as "expected" or wanted and why there are several different desktop capture methods to choose from in the dropdown menu of set-up window when adding into vMix.
This Knowledge Base article explains some of that:
https://www.vmix.com/kno...en-using-desktop-capture

vMixGreg