logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
goaliebob99  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 3:04:11 PM(UTC)
goaliebob99

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm having issues with Bit Defender blocking access from a NDI HX external camera. Vmix sees the camera but when added it's a black screen.

Does anyone know what specifically bit defender is blocking to cause the NDI flow from the camera to vmix not work? I'm trying to email BD to see if they can offer any support to get both Vmix and BD to play nicely with each other. |

What's weird is bit defender is not blocking NDI output of VMIX meaning I can send program output from two different vmix installations to each PC and they can see each other. A 3rd PC with VMIX with no bit defender software can see all 3 no issues.

PC 1 with BD - Sees PC2 Vmix program, and it's own program output, but external NDI output from NDI camera is black
PC 2 with BD - Sees PC1 Vmix program, and it's own program output, but external NDI output from NDI camera is black.
PC 3 without any firewall or virus sees all 3

If firewall is turned off and BD shut down on PC1 & PC2, NDI camera stays in black
If BD is uninstalled, both PC 1 & 2. They see external NDI output from NDI camera, it appears during during un-installation process from BD.

So it's my conclusion BD is somehow interfering with Vmix getting the feed from the external NDI camera.
ask  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 3:15:42 PM(UTC)
ask

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Have a look at the bottom of this page. There may be something there that helps. https://www.ndi.tv/sdk/