logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jaminchoe  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 1:33:43 AM(UTC)
Jaminchoe

Groups: Registered
Singapore

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is a complaint or a plea for knowledge.

If the onset of new phones with multiple back and even front cameras, I have found that vMix calls have become more unpredictable. There is this scenario I have experience. My caller was using a Samsung S20 Ultra, with its many back cameras. She was to give a tour of her cat sanctuary. During our test, we simply could not get her phone to connect whenever she chose the back camera option. Eventually, I was convinced that since she was an older lady, it must have been a user error on her end. After an hour of back and forth, I decided to travel to her and solve the problem for her (and perhaps play with some of the resident cats).

When I reached her, I made sure to do everything right. Doing a speed test, using the latest version of chrome... and I still cant get the samsung S20 Ultra to work with the back camera. The lady then tells me that she has another phone, a Samsung S10. So we tried using that phone and it worked, back camera (The wide-angle option. I had no way of choosing which camera to use) and all. I then concluded that it was perhaps something to do with how new the Samsung S20 Ultra was, and perhaps chrome had not updated to accommodate that phone.

The next day and my show is live. I got her to call in with her Samsung S10, and behold, it did not work. The front camera worked, but not the back. The lady then decided that she would use her S20 instead, she lifted up her s20 into view of the camera so I could confirm that she had not accidentally her S20 instead. About 1 minute later, she managed to connect to the call with her S20, using the wide-angle camera on the back.

I have no idea why and how everything unfolded.

If someone could perhaps shed some light on this whole situation, I would be very grateful. If someone could tell me how I could possibly select which back camera to use during the vMix call, I would be extremely grateful as well.

Cheers!
davidcl  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 9:02:00 PM(UTC)
davidcl

Man
Gabon

hi all
I have the same problem with my huawei mate 20 PRO only the BACK camera working
when i change same thing ALLWAYS the back camera!
Thanks a lot
David
Osprey  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 12:11:47 AM(UTC)
Osprey

United Kingdom

Yes. I noticed that as well. No matter what camera chosen - it still defaults.

My mobile is Huawei P20 Pro: