logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Adl  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2020 7:01:34 PM(UTC)
Adl

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

I have started to stream to Facebook Live. It is very convenient to be able to set up a scheduled live stream directly from vMix. However, the planned live stream has to be made a bit nicer in Facebook. In other words, I would like to exchange the picture and change texts for the customer. Facebook then says that it saves the changes for the post with the scheduled live stream. But in fact a second duplicated post is created on Facebook.

The other alternative is that I create the scheduled live stream in Facebook. But then I don't see it in vMix at the stream settings. So the only thing I can do is to use the custom RTMP method. But it is not that practical.

Can someone tell me how to solve this. So you can change and resave scheduled livestreams on Facebook without duplicating them? Or can you create scheduled live streams in Facebooke in a way that they will be displayed in the vMix stream settings?

Thanks!
mavik  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2020 8:37:28 PM(UTC)
mavik

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Hi,
I would strongly recommend keeping thing sseperate. Use vmix for what it is good at and don't use the integration with FB at all. FB is changing their API frequently which leads to constant frustration.

On FB setup your events as you like and use the custom rtmp in vmix.

What I do on a more advanced level is that I use some streaming platform and just link the social page into it as a distribution channel. That way I have a constant setup in vMix and can add distribution just with a click. Do I want to stream to FB, YT, Twitter etc. The platform will then restream my signal to them.

I'm based in Germany and we can have a session together if you like.