logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tbcnj  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 12:53:53 AM(UTC)
tbcnj

Groups: Registered
United States

For context, I'm a Wirecast user trying to make the switch to vMix.

At my church we use a fixed 1080p camera that is focused on the pulpit on stage, but we stream & record at 720p. When setting up my shot in Wirecast I leave the zoom at 100% so that my 720p view basically "floats" inside the 1080p frame, allowing me to adjust positioning for different heights of people. I simply have to click on the image in the preview pane and drag the mouse until I have the shot the way I want it.

As I now try to map that to vMix, I see where I can keep the zoom at 100% and crop the image, but no easy way to quickly adjust the positioning of the 720p view within the 1080p picture as different people stand at the pulpit. What am I missing?
mavik  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 1:31:51 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Welcome to a stable and freeze free experience.
In vmix set the resolution to 720p. In the input of your cam (1080) click the cog icon go to position and drag the positionen like you are used to in wirecast. Once done you can take the shot live.

But a better way might be to add virtual inputs (right click the cog icon of your cam input) and make the adjustments in advance. One for taller people, one for normal, one for small. Whatever you like. Then you can take them live without much of dragging around. WIth the merge transition you get a movement into the shot. Depends if you like it or not. It looks then as if you had a PTZ cam.
tbcnj  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 1:37:52 AM(UTC)
tbcnj

United States

Thanks! I see how it works now... just an extra click or two. I had thought about the virtual inputs but was worried it might add performance overhead.