logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeregan  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2020 5:24:57 PM(UTC)
jeregan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 3 post(s)
IF you have a video that you need to queue up, you need to use the mouse to find the start point and end points.
You can then right click and set the markin and markout points.

You can also set the markin, markout points via shortcuts. You can then play and pause and do other stuff with shortcuts.
But you can't rewind or fast forward by x seconds for example like you can in the instant replay shortcuts.

Adding this would mean I could take a simple digital volume control and repurpose it for rewind, forward 'jog shuttle' like, along with pressing it and play/pause by pressing it momentarily, along with a few shortcuts on my Xkeys for markin/markout... faster than using a mouse. Unfortunately, vMix confirmed there is no rewind/forward shortcut feature.

FYI, here is a little robust volume control I found that would work really well if the rewind/forward shortcuts existed.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jeff
stigaard  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2020 5:46:05 PM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
The shortcut exists - SetPosition. Use it with a value of +=NUMBER or -=NUMBER to move relatively back and forward.
stigaard  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2020 5:47:32 PM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jeregan Go to Quoted Post
FYI, here is a little robust volume control I found that would work really well if the rewind/forward shortcuts existed.

Are you sure it is a MIDI controller? It doesn't say at the page you link to. It would not work out of the box if it is not a MIDI controller.
xaver  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2020 6:54:40 PM(UTC)
xaver

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 32 post(s)
IF you have a video that you need to queue up, you need to use the mouse to find the start point and end points.
You can then right click and set the markin and markout points.

You can also set the markin, markout points via shortcuts. You can then play and pause and do other stuff with shortcuts.
But you can't rewind or fast forward by x seconds for example like you can in the instant replay shortcuts.

Adding this would mean I could take a simple digital volume control and repurpose it for rewind, forward 'jog shuttle' like, along with pressing it and play/pause by pressing it momentarily, along with a few shortcuts on my Xkeys for markin/markout... faster than using a mouse. Unfortunately, vMix confirmed there is no rewind/forward shortcut feature.

Jeff

Contour ShuttleExpress works also very well

https://contour-design.c...s/multimedia-controller/
jeregan  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 5:09:03 PM(UTC)
jeregan

Cool, I guess the person answering the support question didn't know about it either, as they told me the functionality didn't exist, which I thought was kind of odd given that every other variation does and I explained it the same way I did above.

Thanks
Jeff
jeregan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 5:12:31 PM(UTC)
jeregan

>> Are you sure it is a MIDI controller? It doesn't say at the page you link to. It would not work out of the box if it is not a MIDI controller.

It doesn't need to be a MIDI controller to work... it just has to be detected when press the 'FIND' button and then turn the dial, press the button, etc., and it is.

I am playing with the 'SetPosition' stigaard mentioned with it.

Jeff
jeregan  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 6:17:46 PM(UTC)
jeregan

Originally Posted by: stigaard Go to Quoted Post
The shortcut exists - SetPosition. Use it with a value of +=NUMBER or -=NUMBER to move relatively back and forward.

So this works, but the resolution is only 1 seconds intervals. But I had already noticed the mark in/mark out only had the same resolution, which is too bad.

Thanks for the info. Their docs don't mention it.
doggy  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 6:25:34 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stigaard Go to Quoted Post

So unfortunately, this does not work. It jumps to that point, not going back and forward relative to where it is like ReplayForward and ReplayBack do.

i.e. anything with - sets it back to the start.
anything with + just puts it to that # of miliseconds into the video.

oh it works alright

like +=1000 will advance with one second

that is if the video itself actually allows you to advance with one second (keyframes)

jeregan  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 6:33:16 PM(UTC)
jeregan

oh it works alright

like +=1000 will advance with one second

that is if the video itself actually allows you to advance with one second (keyframes)

OK, so here is the oddity. I got +=1000 working fine. But -=1000 would go back 2 seconds. When I changed the short cut to -=500, it brings it back 1 second. But if I do the same with the +=500, that shortcut does nothing.

As long as it is consistent, I don't care what I have to set the shortcut to. :)