logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tbcnj  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2020 7:08:55 AM(UTC)
tbcnj

Groups: Registered
United States

I have two HP EliteDesk 800 G5 low-profile desktops that I am looking to set up for streaming & recording at church. The idea is that one will run vmix and handle the 5 NDI inputs (4 cameras @ 1080/30 and a desktop capture at 1080/60) while the other runs wirecast for streaming & recording. Both are i7-9700 with 16 GB RAM running W10 Pro. One of them is already running an NVIDIA 730 GT 2GB card and I'm able to use NVENC successfully.

As I look to get the 2nd desktop a GPU, is there something better than the 730 that is also low-profile, also supports NVENC, is not a power hog, and ideally has passive cooling?

Chad Taylor  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 1:21:06 PM(UTC)
Chad Taylor

Groups: Registered
United States

I assume you are stuck to the 75ish watts provided by the MB? Most OEM desktops don't have extra power taps coming off of the power supply to support graphics cards. You could go with some of the low end 1050TI LP cards. If your MB does fully support the PCIe 3.0 spec and provides 75watts then you probably only need the one system. BTW speed a bit of money and get some SSDs if you don't already have them...you can thank me later.

Chad