logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LoreSka  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 9:34:41 PM(UTC)
LoreSka

Groups: Registered

Hello!
It would be very useful to have a single button that allows the host to talk to a single user connected through VMIX Call, without switching the A/B Buses. Sometimes it's just useful to say "On air in 1 minute" to a person waiting during a conference, but when you are managing everything else at the same time it becomes annoying. A simple "Talk" button would solve the problem.
xaver  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 10:21:01 PM(UTC)
xaver

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 32 post(s)
+1
good idea, very helpfull
KnKproductions  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 11:19:09 PM(UTC)
KnKproductions

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
A few weeks ago I was playing around with shortcuts and one of my midi controllers to do the same thing.

1. Plug in a separate mic input, either in the motherboard's pink mic-in port for a simple 3.5mm solution or do some usb dac.
2. Create the new input in vMix
3. Figure out what channel you want to use as an intercom or audio pool or whatever you'd like to call it
4. Using a midi controller, that has an on/off note (0 and 127) when pressed and released, set up a shortcut that turns on an audio bus for a channel when the button is pressed, and simultaneously turns off a different audio bus on that same channel. There's going to be one button doing lots of things so don't be worried when you see the shortcuts turn red because of a repeat button.

-Also I always save these shortcuts as "this preset only" so that I don't cross over buttons to other vmix profiles-

5. Do the same as step 4, but set it to turn on/off the audio busses when the button is released.

Example:
You push and hold button1 on your midi controller (or whatever you're using) and vmix caller 1, 2, and 3 are instantly put on Audio Bus B, as well as you're own microphone. Now you are talking directly to all three callers on your own separate audio bus. Release the button, and everything goes back to how it was before.
mavik  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 8:42:05 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
+1